Senior Legal Counsel
We are looking for 3 Legal Counsel contractors for a 6 month period to work with our Legal team working with IT and Procurement.
Data Protection Law expertise highly desirable but not essential.
- Providing legal support in relation to supplier contracts, particularly to IT and Procurement; and
- Preparing, drafting, negotiating and advising on IT and other supplier contracts.
- Assisting with client contracts as and when required; and
- Assisting with the flow-down of clauses from client contracts to supplier contracts and advising on clauses in client contracts that are linked (flow-up).
Divisional / Departmental:
- Preparing, drafting, negotiating and advising on supplier contracts (with a particular focus on IT contracts);
- Offering support and communicating effectively with all business units and departments, with a particular focus on the following departments:
(f) Procurement; and
(g) Property and Commercial
- Liaising and communicating effectively with all external parties, including:
(a) clients, suppliers and other counterparties of the IFDS business;
(b) external counsel; and
- Assisting with the resolution of disputes, if required;
- Assisting the legal function with the management of risk across the business;
- Assisting the business to take the necessary steps to remain compliant at all times with applicable regulation;
- Management of, and liaison with, external counsel assisting on particular matters;
- Attendance at various governance committees of the Company;
- Ad hoc duties across all business units as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Appropriate professional legal qualifications and/or experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build strong and trusted relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Good knowledge, and a competent user, of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word, Powerpoint and Excel).
- Ability to simplify and demystify complex legal issues.
- Ability to negotiate and draft commercial contracts independently.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and manage a heavy workload and to meet tight deadlines