Senior IT Project Manager
Senior IT Project Manager
P3 / F
SS&C Technologies Holdings (NASDAQ: SSNC) is the world’s largest hedge fund and private equity administrator, as well as the largest mutual fund transfer agency. SS&C’s unique business model combines end-to-end expertise across financial services operations with software and solutions to service even the most demanding customers in the financial services and healthcare industries. SS&C owns and operates the full technology stack across securities accounting, front-to-back-office operations, performance and risk analytics, regulatory reporting, and healthcare information processes.
To ensure that IT projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality standard (within agreed specifications). These will include complex / multi stream projects. The role could also include being a workstream lead for IT deliveries on a programme of work.
To work directly and regularly with the sponsors/owners and technical teams, as well as other project stakeholders and 3rd Parties ensuring projects are effectively resourced. To manage relationships with a wide range of groups (including all project contributors).
To support and be involved in the Inception Process for projects, governance and reporting and facilitating the handover from inception to the design and subsequent delivery stages of the projects. This will primarily cover more complex/higher business priority activities and also be expected to lead a series of projects with less complexity but equally of higher business priority.
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience of delivering IT Infrastructure projects.
- Experience of managing and delivering project budgets in excess of £1M
- Ability to drive change and effectively manage projects and stakeholders.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle standards
- Understanding of full IT infrastructure lifecycle including Change Management
- Strong Project Management methodology experience both Agile and Waterfall deliveries
- Excellent communication skills in order to conduct and moderate with all Stakeholders
- Analytical in a problem-solving environment
- Team Player & Collaborator
- High level of interpersonal and team working skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with senior IT managers, managers, and colleagues across the organisation.
- Project Management certification, Prince 2 or Agile.
- ITIL Certification
- Supplier Management
- Managing and influencing senior stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills to provide direction, support, influence and mentoring of project managers.
- Knowledge of Transfer Agency operations
- Previous experience within a financial services change environment.
- Proven ability to deliver across various IT areas e.g. digital solutions, Cloud estate, End of life replacement approaches for SW & HW. Hosting solutions, SDLC
- Subject matter expertise in one IT area. E.g Networking, Software development, Cloud solutions, Data centre
- Experience of working within a team that is split both on and offshore