Senior Associate, Operational MI
The Operations MI Team is responsible for all management reporting within the operations and client administration divisions. In addition to any ad-hoc reporting requests they receive, the team produce weekly and monthly reports for the business as well as performance information packs for our clients
- To provide management information to our management and clients, investigating all aspects of the work DST carry out including; performance against internal and external quality standards, business analysis and support for ad-hoc queries or projects.
- Ensuring IFDS meets client expectation in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Be prepared to achieve & strive to exceed minimum standards in line with KPIs, SLAs & Key Results Areas, both in terms of quality and productivity
- Respond positively to the goals of the MIS team, support colleagues, and actively add to the success of the overall department
- To ensure DST operationally meet business requirements.
- Be fully aware of the procedure and process for completing assigned regular duties/tasks.
- Be fully aware of any client specific procedures
- Demonstrate navigation of FAST and AWD and Risk Online skills
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of FAST Answers, Business Intelligence, Infomaker and other reporting tools.
- To ensure processes and procedures are appropriately controlled, monitored and documented.
- To commit to personally putting the customer first and providing an excellent customer service at all times
- A flexible approach towards overtime when it is required and working hours in general.
- Ensure that any issues which are identified are escalated in a timely manner.
- Confidentiality is crucial to the role
The Ideal Candidate
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office packages, particularly Excel and PowerPoint (essential) and Visual Basic (very strongly preferred)
- Excellent verbal reasoning and numeric skills.
- A strong eye for detail and presentation
- Reference salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every years service up to a maximum of 25 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- flexbenefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland