Senior Associate, Operational Controls
The Risk and Controls Team are currently recruiting for an individual who has an eye for detail that likes to work in a fast paced environment and enjoys working with client data and products such as Unit Trusts, ISAs and Life and Pensions. DST Operational Controls Department consists of various teams who manage client relationships ensuring all client data is correct, monitored and managed appropriately reducing any risk to the client.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Risk & Controls Team for an individual who enjoys a varied and fast paced role. This role is like no other in our business and consists of data processing, data cleansing, interrogating data, checking and monitoring data whilst using various tools and systems to do so. The ultimate goal of the team is to reduce the risk to our client. No day is the same in this department and the successful individual will have to enjoy a changing environment, reacting to different challenges and requests from the client and different business areas within DST.
Other duties include:
- Monitoring and .processing transactions to ensure they have been keyed correctly within agreed service levels, quality standards and where relevant within agreed financial authority limits.
- Contact customers by telephone, fax, e-mail or letter to resolve queries/obtain information.
- Deal with customer data ethically and in accordance with FCA requirements.
- Checks the work of others where appropriate to ensure that standards of accuracy, clarity and financial integrity are maintained.
- Completes independent quality and accuracy checking of work.
- Keeps own knowledge of processes, products and appropriate regulation up to date.
- Achieves agreed performance levels
- Implements and maintains personal development plan, and is proactive in own self development.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
- An eye for detail who enjoys working with large amounts of data
- Good understanding of all relevant legislation e.g. Data Protection Act, Money Laundering requirements
- Good understanding of relevant products and systems, including PC skills
- Understanding and application of agreed authority limits
- Good keyboard skills, and familiar with Microsoft word and excel.
- Good call handling skills
- Good organisation and time management skills to prioritise workloads.
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- All offers of employment at DST are subject to a pre-employment screen, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check
Reference salary based on experience - 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days) - Life Assurance (4 x salary) - Single person healthcare - Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST Systems, Inc. (NYSE: DST) is a leading provider of specialized technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We assist clients in transforming complexity into strategic advantage by providing tools and services to help them stay ahead of and capitalize on ever-changing customer, business and regulatory requirements in the world’s most demanding industries. For more information, visit the DST website at www.dstsystems.com.
DST operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender identification, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Offers of Employment
All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.