Senior Administrator - Breach Administration
A Breach Team Investigator’s work is varied and very rewarding.
The team investigate errors where FCA rules have been broken or we fail to comply with the Data Protection Act, whilst performing administration activities on behalf of our Clients (Management Companies).
The Breach Administration department consists of seven teams, each dedicated to one or more operational departments, such as Client Services (Contact Centre, telephone and written) or Transaction Processing (Dealing and Registration).
- Initial notification of the breach to the Client (Part 1) supply sufficient information for the client to understand high-level detail
- Provision of timely and accurate breach reports for Management Companies to enable them to operate in a compliant manner
- Process breaches received relating to SS&C business processing and administration, within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Establish and compile breach reports including root-cause data to provide Management with analysis and regular feedback (Part 2)
- Escalate root-cause related issues to prompt the review of procedures and training requirements, to prevent the recurrence of the error, whilst working with the administration areas to review their processes
- Ensuring that a culture of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is adhered to at all times
- Alert management to any trends detected whilst completing a breach investigation
- Application of the escalation procedure in the event of serious breaches and potential problem which may impact adversely on the team’s ability to meet SLAs and or regulatory requirements
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in financial services, with a high-level understanding of the regulatory environment in which SS&C operates
- Ability to analyse and decipher large quantities of complex information
- Ability to summarise information both verbally and in writing, whilst establishing through investigation, the root-cause of errors, making recommendations as appropriate
- Sound investigative, verbal reasoning and numeric skills.
- Good systems/keyboard skills and knowledge including Microsoft Office packages, such as Word and Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good organisational and planning skills
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Flexible Holiday Allowance
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Private Healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme