Resource and Planning Analyst
Due to growth, DST Systems are currently recruiting for a Resource Planning Analyst based in our Stirling Office (Erskine Court) where you will be joining a vibrant team within an engaging working environment. This exciting opportunity has opened up within our busy Contact Centre helping our Telephone Associates and Team exceed customers’ expectations ensuring with your data they can always go that extra mile to deliver the best possible service
The Resource Planning Team’s main role is to interpret data and work collaboratively with a variety of teams and the business management to effectively manage call volume coming into the call centre. Your main objective will be ensuring all short, medium term performance and project deliverables are exceeded, whilst continuously looking for ways to manage costs through enhanced customer journeys without impacting customer satisfaction. Across our Contact Centres you and the team will ensure you have the right people in the right place at the right time.
This role is pivotal within our business acting as the link throughout our UK based offices. We expect the successful individual to be confident in their decision making whilst working within challenging yet rewarding situations. You will be a great communicator and have the ability to sustain employee engagement at different levels within our organisation.
Your main duties will consist of:
- Delivery of Resource and Planning Cycle, from intra-day forecasting, scheduling and trend analysis, holding relevant daily/weekly/monthly meetings to help build and drive the right behaviours and culture.
- Service Delivery ensuring the business meets and exceeds all Management Companies Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- Development of employee schedules, tasks, activities and scheduling strategies to meet business objectives and improve flexibility in meeting both business and people requirements.
- Manage requests for post-scheduling changes and for time-off or off-line activities, so as to meet both business and people requirements.
- Real Time adherence management, ensuring associates are working to their schedules.
- Monitoring of skill gaps and arranging relevant training of telephony associates.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
The Ideal Candidate
As a Resource & Planning Analyst within DST Systems you will comply with the regulatory regimes in which DST operates, with particular consideration given to relevant Client Asset, Data Protection and Financial Crime Prevention regulations. As an individual you will be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery. Ideally you will continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance.
Other skills/ knowledge required:
- Experience in a contact centre environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office – particularly MS Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be highly motivated whilst remaining resilient.
- Have an analytical mind-set with strong attention to detail.
- Be a real team player, and be able to work alone and part of a team.
- Ideally you will have worked in a contact centre planning team but may have transferable experience in other planning environments (not essential)
- Reference salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.