Regulatory & Analytics Solutions
The position is a full time role working in SS&C’s London Office at 1 St Martin's Le Grand EC1A 4AS. SS&C Regulatory Analytics & Solutions is a dynamic team that specialises in designing and delivering analytical and regulatory reporting products for clients – primarily AIFMD Annex IV, Form PF, CPO-PQR and Solvency II. The team’s model is to apply technical analytical expertise to data, existing as an input or output for other line of business areas or external data providers, to efficiently meet client requirements.
Regulatory & Analytics Solutions work across a wide range of product types in the Hedge Fund/Asset Management space, and interacts with the full spectrum of middle and back office functions at SS&C GlobeOp. The project-based nature of the work means consistently progressing against challenging timelines as the group directs projects from inception through to go live.
The nature of building new products requires a close working relationship with development teams and a significant part of the team’s function is to provide specifications that can make sense from a technical and business perspective. Further, such products need to be explained clearly and comprehensively in meetings with clients, prospects and other teams within the company.
- Proactively work to develop and implement new logical treatments of new interpretations within the regulatory and analytics space.
- Meet challenging deadlines with high-quality deliverables and be accountable for those deliverables.
- Adapt to work on as well as oversee several projects in parallel.
- Work independently and professionally on strategic goals for the team and the company.
- Establish a network of positive working relationships with members of other teams across locations and leverage this to achieve goals.
- Be responsible for regulatory submissions and provide appropriate information for progress reporting to head of department and senior management.
- Find solutions to analytical problems independently.
- Communicate product information and reporting progress clearly and confidently to team members, management, peers and clients.
- Contribute to the ideas-based culture of the team, by suggesting possible new projects, or new (improved) approaches to existing projects
The Ideal Candidate
- Substantial experience in the finance industry. Such as working in; investment banking, asset management or financial services
- A mathematics, economics or business degree from a reputable university
- Professional qualification – CFA / CIMA / ACCA / ACA
- Broad knowledge of EU and US regulations
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Composed, experienced and professional in client interaction
- Excellent leadership skills and experience with rapid team growth
- Strong understanding of capital markets products (especially Fixed Income and Derivatives)
- A logical mind, capable of implementing and improving structured processes
- Ability find creative solutions to complex analytical problems
- Demonstrable experience of tailoring solutions to meet specific requirements, and subsequently attempting to automate
- Fast learner, able to pick up and understand new requirements seamlessly and adapt quickly to new approaches and technologies within the regulatory environment.
- Experience of using SQL is preferred
About the Company
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 51 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 20,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.
SS&C Technologies/ SS&C GlobeOp is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.