Real Assets Fund Accountant, Manager, Ireland
The Global Real Assets division of SS&C was created in April 2017 with the purpose of focussing on servicing the specific requirements of Real Assets investment managers and it is a growth area of SS&C’s fund administration business.
SS&C Global Real Asset fund administration clients include those investing in:
- Real Estate
- Other hard assets (e.g. timber, oil & gas)
This is a new role which has arisen due to recent and expected growth in the Real Asset business in EMEA and hence this role presents the chosen candidate with excellent career development opportunities working for a global leading company in fund administration.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Fund Accounting for Real Assets in EMEA thereby presenting a good opportunity for professional learning and development in the area of Real Assets fund administration.
SS&C expects to win new business for Irish domiciled funds and must demonstrate substance within Ireland to comply with local regulations. This role will require an experienced individual to perform oversight and review of these funds and to build a team as the business grows.
- Provide client service on a multitude of matters including: posting general ledger journals, reconciling cash and positions, recording and analyzing transactions, and preparation of work paper packages.
- Perform local review and release of reporting packages to clients.
- Onboarding new clients onto the TNR accounting software package.
- Preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and partner capital reporting including all supporting work papers and disclosure documents.
- Preparation and review of draft financial statements in accordance with relevant accounting standards.
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Act as a subject matter expert for any accounting issues clients may raise.
- Interacting with colleagues at various levels across multiple locations
- Lead, or perform a significant role in, due diligence meetings for investors.
- Able to perform Account Manager role; arranging and leading client service reviews, overseeing projects for clients and ensuring timely delivery.
- Monitor the timeliness of the client deliverables, assist in resolving bottlenecks and look for process improvements.
- Ensure completion and review of Fund Administrator's pack to the Fund's board. Present the pack to the board.
- Completion of regulatory reporting to CBI, such as quarterly MMIF reporting.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- Experience of fund administration or real assets / private equity accounting
- Familiarity with preparing and reviewing of capital call and distribution calculations, management fee calculations, waterfall calculations and preparation of financial statements
- Knowledge of partnership accounting
- Good knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- MS Excel knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight internal and client deadlines
- Strong communication skills, including written, listening and presentation abilities
- Solid attention to detail
- Solid client relationship management skills
- Willingness to travel, occasional travel may be required to other offices
About the Company
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired over 50 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services, DST Systems, Eze Software and Intralinks.
SS&C has more than 22,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.