Within a supervised environment work with colleagues and users to undertake testing on new/enhanced systems, services, surround technologies and DST Financial Services International Limited products ensuring business, functional and design requirements are met providing support to team.
- Produce quality / test plans, test scenarios and scripts ensuring business requirements are met using SQL queries as required.
- Produce appropriate testing documentation to the standard required.
- Execute tests in a thorough and structured manner, in line with the test plan, using testing tools as appropriate to ensure stability of DST FSI system environment and ensure the correct evidence is obtained.
- To test system changes/fixes as they are promoted to the test environment, ensuring that the system functionality works correctly.
- Take responsibility for the management of your own assigned work – managing your own timescales in order to meet deadlines, monitoring and reporting the progress of your own work, working autonomously within the boundaries of the role and seeking assistance and support where appropriate.
- To obtain an understanding of the functionality of DST FSI Finance systems and surround technologies in order to be able to test effectively, and obtain a better understanding of how our users operate on the DST FSI systems.
- To gain industry/business knowledge and relate this back to IFDS systems processing.
- Ensure the system data integrity by maintaining those functions necessary for daily operations.
- Managing defects: raising defects, ensuring that all relevant information is logged; reporting and progression through to resolution.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Additional responsibilities - Complete any other appropriate ad hoc tasks as directed by your manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of Finance systems development and / or QA
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Previous Testing experience.
- Good Microsoft Excel skills and experience of other MS Office applications.
- Good written and spoken English.
- ISEB Foundation (strongly preferred).
- Knowledge of PEP, ISA, Unit Trust, OEIC, Pension or Investment Trust administration (Strongly Preferred).
- Good knowledge of Testing process and techniques. (Strongly Preferred).
- Experience of HP TestDirector / Quality Center / ALM
- Experience of HP QTP/UFT
We offer attractive remuneration and career growth opportunities within our global DST Group.
About the Company
About DST Systems, Inc.
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.