To deliver non-complex projects or to manage workstreams within a complex project using the DST methodology and processes, within agreed timelines, budget and to quality expectations, in line with: agreed objectives, business case and quality gate measures.
To deliver consistent, timely and accurate reporting, including: summary status, financial/budgetary controls and project-wide resource requirements. Active monitoring and management of all risks and issues, driving the project(s) towards completion. To deliver timely, concise, accurate and relevant communication with stakeholders, internally and to clients/3rd parties.
- Confirm Business case is in place and agreed
- Document the agreed project scope, objectives and measures of success, (inc quality gate criteria)
- Confirm and engage with stakeholders (internal and external) to ratify scope and objectives
- Gather all required information to create Project Initiation Document (PID), Financial Appraisal (FA) and Project Plan and obtain sign off
- Review Lessons Learnt Log for any relevant items to incorporate into planning
- Agree communication plan and clarify all stakeholder project roles
- Ensure all gaps/developments identified, and steps to resolve/complete are agreed and documented
- Identify cross/multi-project dependencies (where appropriate) and align plans across all
- Define project structure and work streams
Project Budgetary Control
- Maintain control of budget expenditure across all areas and activities
- Provide budgetary reporting by updating project spreadsheets
- Undertake Business case monitoring throughout the project lifecycle
- Provide detailed explanations for any deviation from the budget, according to agreed contingency criteria, ensuring early escalation if required
Project Monitoring and Communication
- Monitor progress and maintain regular, timely & accurate communications to all stakeholders
- - Provide reporting to various stakeholder audiences, setting & managing expectations at all stages
- Chair and document meetings, generate discussions and facilitate resolutions for issues, getting collective agreement for next steps and commitment by all to achieve within agreed timelines
- Ensure quality gate requirements are met at relevant stages during the project lifecycle
- Agree priorities for issue resolution between projects with Sponsor/internal teams – escalate if needed
Project Team Management
- Ensure clear roles & responsibilities are understood
- Manage, support & motivate team
- Provide regular communication updates to team
- Identification at outset of: Constraints, Assumptions, Risks, Dependencies, Decisions, Issues and Actions
- active management of these and any others that arise during the project
- Managing changes to plans, assessing impact on business case and escalating as appropriate
- Identification of potential resource conflicts, escalating as necessary for resolution
- Maintain governance: follow DST project methodology and use approved document templates
- Keep all documents up to date, accurate, formatted, in correct folder structure, version controlled, ready for audit inspections
- Completion of Closure Report within Service Level Agreement (SLA) timeframe
- Compliance with Information Security requirements
- Monitor issue resolution and capture approach; feed into Lessons Learnt for the benefit of future projects
- Record observed process improvements discovered / trialled during project execution and communicate to appropriate central control (CMO, line manager etc) to consider application in future projects/other activities
- Complete Post-Implementation Review (PIR) as appropriate with CMO support to identify positive outcomes & areas for improvement to feed into Lessons Learnt Log & general process improvements on future projects
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 3 years project management experience.
- Experience of leading teams of people with diverse skills & experience to achieve a
- common goal.
- Sound working knowledge of current technology issues, particularly IBM & Java based technologies.
- Project Financial & Budgetary controls:
- 2 Years’ experience within the financial services industry; Fund/Asset Management experience would be especially favoured.
- Experience of having managed third parties external to the organisation in which they have worked, particularly on a vendor/client basis.
- Experience of working within software development & testing initiatives