The DST Funds third party administration business is the largest in the UK with a client base in excess of 50 management companies servicing most of the largest investment companies.
The Funds Change Management department is responsible for overseeing and managing all change within the UK Funds business stream.
The Funds portfolio of change covers both internal and client change as well as the take on of new business and has five programmes of work:-
- Client projects
- Mandatory/Regulatory change
- New business
- Operational Transformation
There are in excess of 100 projects ongoing at any one time which vary in both size, complexity and budget with effort ranging from 30+ to thousands of days with budgets ranging from £30k+ to multi million £ programmes. All projects are delivered using formal project management methods based upon PRINCE2 principles.
The Funds Change Management department has grown significantly over the past few years and continues to expand to support the considerable change programme with increased requirements from both the internal and external Client Base.
To plan & deliver projects of a fairly complex nature to agreed time, cost & quality standards within the DST project methodology framework. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- The production of project plans, to track progress against plans and to manage changes to the plan.
- Oversee the construction, testing & delivery of all project products to ensure the projects objectives are achieved within the time, cost and quality constraints set by the project board.
- Determine, set & manage the Project Steering Group, the Programme Manager and the client’s expectations.
- Report progress against objectives via the DST standard reporting mechanisms to the Project Steering Group, Programme Manager and Programme Management Office (PMO) on a regular basis.
- Establish clear project roles & responsibilities then manage, facilitate & support the Project Team to ensure that everyone is successful.
- Actively manage Risks & Issues, taking appropriate corrective action as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven project management experience.
- Experience of leading teams of people with diverse skills & experience to achieve a
- common goal.
- Sound working knowledge of current technology issues, particularly IBM & Java based technologies.
- Project Financial & Budgetary controls:
- Experience within the financial services industry; Fund/Asset Management experience would be especially favoured.
- Experience of having managed third parties external to the organisation in which they have worked, particularly on a vendor/client basis.
- Experience of working within software development & testing initiatives