Private Equity Operations Manager
The Private Equity business in Luxembourg is a growing business and a focus of continued growth within SS&C. The Luxembourg office services and supports clients with Luxembourg fund structures. This role will report directly to the Vice President of the Private Equity department in the Luxembourg office and will support the Vice President in a range of business and day-to-day responsibilities including staff and client management
The Manager will be responsible for providing and managing the accounting and reporting function for a number of private equity clients. The Manager should be a qualified accountant with experience in private equity fund administration. Working for a private equity fund manager would be an advantage. The successful candidate will be expected to have solid written and verbal communications skills, a proven ability to multi-task, and outstanding organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Oversee the maintenance of client general ledgers and various sub-ledgers.
- Oversee the preparation of audited and unaudited financial statements, partner capital statements and the underlying work papers.
- Oversee the preparation of partner allocations.
- Oversee the preparation and delivery of drawdown and distribution notices to limited partners.
- Manage the preparation and filing of regulatory reporting such as CSSF and BCL etc.
- Interact with clients to promote and develop ongoing relationship.
- Interact with senior management to implement new initiatives and promote team development
- Review of board and legal documentation.
- Work with Sales teams to develop operating solutions for potential clients.
- Assist Sales teams with presentations to clients.
- Coordinate deliverable planning with the group VP.
- Manage team members to ensure all necessary work is completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Review of work completed within the team.
- Cross-training to ensure excellent overall knowledge base within the group.
- Coordinate with operations teams in New York and globally as required.
Client Engagement Management:
- Communicate promptly and professionally with clients.
- Prepare appropriate material and responses for client meetings and other requests.
- Coordinate, support and facilitate the external audit process.
- Opportunity to broaden exposure by working on investment accounting, fund administration, client servicing and investor servicing.
- Opportunity to work with a global team to develop private equity and associated services in EMEA.
- Ability to implement new processes and technology to support new business initiatives, improve control and increase operating efficiency.
- Develop and demonstrate the ability to work under pressure in a high growth environment, implement high quality processes with strong focus on process development.
- Coordinate private equity services across internal functions including Cash, Corporate Secretarial, Legal and AML.
- Opportunity to work alongside some of the largest global investment managers.
- Networking and communicating across Private Equity and associated internal and external businesses; interacting with Risk & Controls, Legal, Implementations and Sales.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong background in review of fund and deal related legal documents.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles, general ledgers, financial statements and footnotes.
- Team player with the ability to lead – this will be very important as cross-team interaction is critical to the smooth running of the group.
- Strong overall knowledge of investment types and instruments.
- An understanding of the control environment associated with private equity administration.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent follow-up, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including oral and written communication skills.
- Strong client service focus, including the ability to effectively respond to client needs.
- Advanced computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new systems and procedures.
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or similar).
- Minimum 4 - 6 years experience in accounting (preferably including private equity accounting or partnership accounting).
- University degree (B.A., B.Sc., B.B.S.) in Accounting or Business (preferably majoring in Accountancy or another Financial-related program).
- Results: Meet internal and external demands and deadlines demonstrating ability to operate on initiative in a controlled environment.
- Communication: Disseminate relevant information to all key stakeholders.
- Foresight: Ability to analyse a situation (and its potential solution) and think through all steps to its conclusion.
- Motivation: A positive attitude and a drive to ‘get the job done’.
- Fluency in English is essential: French and/or German will be an advantage
- Knowledge of Lux Gaap and IFRS
In order to complete the recruitment process, the applicant selected will be requested to provide a list of documents on or before the start date including receipt of satisfactory references; evidence of qualifications (where applicable) and copy of the criminal records (Bulletin No 3 for the Grand-Duché de Luxembourg).
About the Company
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 51 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 20,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.
Data Privacy Notice
The provision of personal information through your job application will be processed in accordance with SS&C Data Privacy Notice for Candidates (https://www.ssctech.com/Portals/0/Documents/pdf-assets/SSC-EEA-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf), which the applicant hereby acknowledges having read and fully understood.
SS&C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.