Private Equity Fund Accountant
The Dublin & London Private Equity Fund Accounting is a team of 17 professional experts. Primary clienteles for this team is close Ended Funds managed by well known names in Fund Industry in EMEA region. The majority of the Clients invest through structures based in Cayman / Luxembourg and deals in complex products (Bank Loans, CDS, IRS, Fund of Fund etc). This is a chance to join a growing team which has grown from 4 to 17 in the last two years.
Due to significant growth in business, the Private Equity team is looking to add a new member of the team who will have an opportunity to work in demanding and varied role. The successful candidate will be a key point contact in Dublin office for clients based in Europe. Responsibility includes but not limited to preparation, review and the oversight of all client deliverables. Being subject matter expert, role requires interaction with staff at client.
- Part of a team of accountants who act as daily points of contact for a London and European based clients
- Providing client service on a multitude of matters including recording and analyzing transactions, reconciliations, and preparation of work paper packages
- Preparation of monthly/ quarterly NAV packs and Investor Reporting. Coordination with other service locations to ensure smooth and timely delivery of information to client. Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and partner capital recording packages including all supporting work papers and disclosure documents
- Interacting with clients at various levels and help maintain client relationship
- Interacting with internal departments at various levels across multiple locations and geographies
- Assistance with the preparation of client service plans, calendars and timelines
- Active participation in automation / process standardization Projects
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- Experience in private equity, real estate, Fund of Funds or debt/loan funds
- Familiarity with preparing and reviewing of capital call and distribution calculations, management fee calculations, waterfall calculations and preparation of financial statements
- Knowledge of partnership accounting
- Experience of primary and secondary Debt market preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP / UK GAAP and IFRS
- Prior supervisory experience
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight internal and client deadlines
- Strong communication skills, including written, listening and presentation abilities
- Solid attention to detail
- Solid client relationship management skills
- Willingness to travel, occasional travel required to other offices
About the Company
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired over 50 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 20,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.
Data Privacy Notice
The provision of personal information through your job application will be processed in accordance with SS&C Data Privacy Notice for Candidates (https://www.ssctech.com/Portals/0/Documents/pdf-assets/SSC-EEA-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf), which the applicant hereby acknowledges having read and fully understood.
SS&C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.