Private Equity Accountant
We are looking for an accountant to provide accounting and operations services to our private equity clients. This position is part of a department in London that will work with global counterparts. This includes bookkeeping, net asset value calculations, financial reporting, financial analysis, reconciliations and administration of capital activity.
This position is also responsible for quality control of other team members’ work. In addition to working with the internal SS&C team, there will also be regular client interactions.
- Part of a team of accountants who act as daily points of contact for clients
- Providing client service on a multitude of matters including: posting general ledger journals, reconciling cash and positions, recording and analyzing transactions, and preparation of work paper packages
- Assisting with external audits and Management Company reporting requirements
- Working with internal groups such as Compliance, Loans, Operations and various technology and support teams to ensure a quality client experience.
- Interacting with clients at various levels and helping to maintain good client relationships
- Interacting with internal departments at various levels across multiple locations and geographies
- Responding to client enquiries and requests
- Providing input to client service plans, calendars and timelines
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- A studying accountant (AAT, CAT, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- General ledger knowledge
- Experience of fund administration preferred
- Good client relationship management skills
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight internal and client deadlines
- Strong communication skills, including written, listening and presentation abilities
- Attention to detail
- Eligible for annual discretionary bonus (based on individual and company performance)
- 23 Days holiday + 3 Personal Days
- 9% pension scheme (6% non-contributory & 3% self contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Flex Benefits Scheme
About the Company
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 51 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 20,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.