Platform Client Finance Senior Associate
The main responsibility of the Financial Reporting Team is the reconciliation of the Platform accounts between interfacing systems and provision of financial analysis and reports to enable timely management decision making across the platform business.
Overnight feeds, between systems:-
- This will involve running daily reports from the accounting system (INFOR10) and reviewing the general ledger postings across all the Balance Sheet and Purchase Ledger accounts, if discrepancies are identified this will be investigated until the corrective resolution has been found.
- Run over night reports
- Run over night reports and ensure Trail Balance is correct for all accounts
- Complete or check matching of entries
Mumbai supporting team
- Liaise / Collaborate with Mumbai supporting tea
- Have an understanding of area related development documents and have input to these as required
- Have an understanding of changes relating to standing data and defects and ensure implemented smoothly for Finance Platforms related processes if required
- Understand changes of projects which are due to be implemented to Finance Platforms which relate to General Ledger processes, not only for the GL team but also have an awareness of how these impact other areas
Procedures & Training
- Provide input into creation of team procedures for systems and processes and ensure these are reviewed and updated in a timely manner when required.
- Attend training courses as appropriate.
- Ensure accounts are reconciled to confirm overnight feeds have been successful. Arrange any necessary journals as required.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve all outstanding items. Report finding and outcome to team and manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good analytical skill
- Ability to work with large volume of financial data
- Good understanding of Finance processes.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good keyboard skills to include awareness of MS Office packages.
- Good Verbal reasoning and numeric skills.
- Knowledge of reconciliations
- Ability to work effectively within a team or on own.
- Good Communications skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative, multi task and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities within the Financial Services Industry
Commitment to study towards ACCA qualification(s)
- Recognised industry qualification (e.g. CAT, AAT,ACCA,CIMA, IOC or equivalents)
- Commitment to study towards CISI/IOC qualification(s)Knowledge of Frontier
- Knowledge of Infor10 Accounting Systems
- Experience and detailed understanding of retail platforms in the UK
- Knowledge of the following asset types: Funds, Equities, Bonds, Cash
- Experience and understanding of asset servicing business models
- Awareness of the FCA regulatory environment
- perience within the Financial Services Industry
- inancial reporting experience
- Organised and methodical approach to planning and the completion of tasks