Part Time (Evenings) Financial Services Administrator
DCS offer a bespoke service to Distributors, Corporate clients & Nominees as a single point of contact.
We offer an improved target turnaround for all enquiries, as well as provide value add services, increased focus on Relationship Management, STP throughput & electronic settlement, provide equal focus on providing an enhanced retail experience.
The ADS role supports this by having a support team available for the electronic transfer of assets & supporting EMX, Calastone, SWIFT, Crest and CTN Net Settlement.
- Ensure DST meets their Clients’ expectations, in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Complete all control functions and daily monitoring has been completed for all STP order routing
- Complete all control functions and daily reconciliation has been completed for all STP settlement functions
- Complete updates to the STP systems following all corporate action events
- Work with the Manager to drive forward the client services culture of ‘VALUED’ and be the voice of the customer initiative called ‘Putting the client at the heart of…’
- Responsible for timely completion of all dealing controls inclusive of dilution levies
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of all monitored systems and how they link into other departments inclusive of issue resolution where impacts to other departments occur.
- Escalation point for the nominees, where service has not met their expectations. Investigation, resolution management and continuous communication to be delivered at all times
- Communicate scheduling and plans with the teams
- Actively contribute to team and departmental meetings
- Be a role model by adhering to all DST policies and procedures
- DST Employees are required to comply with the regulatory regime in which DST operates as appropriate to the above role.
- Employees are expected to exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the incumbent is responsible for are organised and controlled.
- Employees are required to observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
- The incumbent is required to respect the DST approach to client care and must demonstrate due regard to the interests of our clients and in any and all third party dealings.
The Ideal Candidate
- Intermediate keyboard skills to include awareness of MS Office packages
- Good Verbal reasoning and numeric skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities within the Financial Services Industry
- Experience of High Volume in process driven environment
- Financial Services Industry essential - including some Investment Dealing experience
- Detailed knowledge of Unit Trust, OEIC or Investment Trust administration
- Knowledge of FCA regulatory environment
- Reference salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 33 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland