PA - Legal
- To provide administrative support to the Executive Director of Legal, Director of Legal , Associate Director (x2), Senior Legal Counsel (x 3) and company secretarial support for Executive Committees throughout the business.
- Assisting with the preparation of the Monthly Platform Executive Committee and RIS Executive Committee (including: liaison with the ExCo members, drafting agendas, co-ordinating the reports and distributing packs to the ExCo members on time and ensuring meeting Minutes are signed and filed away appropriately).
FINANCE SUPPORT (LEGAL TEAM EXPENDITURE):
- Assisting the Legal team (in particular the EDoL) with external billing for suppliers. Running reports (work in progress reports), documenting team expenditure (using our legal pipeline document) and raising purchase orders as required.
- Providing general support for the GDPR project alongside the procurement/ vendor management teams including: tracking and identifying the Vendors in-scope for GDPR clauses and drafting template letter(s) to be sent to the Vendors and liaising to with DMD to co-ordinate distribution of letters.
- Recording and authorising team holidays and sickness ensuring adequate cover is provided.
- Ensuring company training competencies are met by ALL legal team members and maintaining CPD records & Practising Certificates for the team
- Assisting the EDoL with general team administration tasks (including homeworking rotas, weekly planners, structure charts, desk and cabinet moves etc.)
- Coordinating the appraisal process for the legal team (ensuring forms are completed and meetings are arranged / take place within the deadline period)
- Assisting with the set-up of new joiners (ensuring all arrangements are in place for their arrival (IT equipment/ access, security passes, business cards etc.).
LEGAL TEAM ADMINISTRATION:
- Extensive Diary and Email Management (responding to meeting requests/ emails and being the point of contact for availability). Monitoring the inbox of the Executive Director of Legal on a daily basis
- Arranging meetings and conference calls (internal and external), booking meeting rooms, organising catering and IT equipment
- Arranging car parking and hot desks at other IFDS offices
- Answering the telephone (internal and external) – assisting with queries, redirecting calls and passing on messages
- Providing support and scheduling preparation for the EDoL (including regular meetings and communication to ensure priorities are met and foreseeing requirements ahead of each day / week ahead)
- Booking conferences and seminars and membership renewals, arranging for authorisation of training requests
- Organising travel (flights, accommodation, transfers and airport parking etc.)
- Drafting of bridging letters (upon request) for the company
- Undertaking various document and typing work – contract amendments, formatting, copy typing, emails, letters, presentation slides and Excel spreadsheets
- Assisting in preparation of agendas and minutes (including for Team Meetings)
- Proofreading agreements and schedules, plus other documentation
- Coordinating items for signature and authorisation – e.g. invoices
- Photocopying, scanning, printing and binding documentation
- Liaising with external suppliers (mainly law firms)
- Screening incoming post and external post (i.e. arrangement of couriers and special deliveries)
- Outlook organisation - emailing filing on a daily basis
- Other ad hoc tasks as directed (including: ordering of business cards, meeting and greeting guests etc.)
- Following up on actions and reminding team members when appropriate
- Acting as a mentor and providing additional supervision to Legal Team Assistant
- Providing Luxembourg PA support
The Ideal Candidate
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in:
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Good communication skills
- ILEX Legal Secretaries Diploma (or equivalent to)