We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Oracle DBA to work in our busy, fast moving team supporting business critical Oracle databases for multiple clients. The successful applicant will have a real opportunity to provide input and expertise into improving the estate and shaping its future in a maturing environment, utilising Oracle Database Appliance (ODA), Data-Guard, Flashback and other technologies. The team is currently engaged in a number of high profile projects as well as a demanding BAU function and there are huge opportunities where a real difference can be made.
- Install database software
- Create and maintain all databases in line with defined practices and standards
- Ensure that databases maintain acceptable levels of performance, integrity and security in line with agreed company standards
- System monitoring and troubleshooting issues in a timely manner to ensure provision of services within SLA
- Perform upgrades, migrations and patching of databases
- Provide recommendations when required as to suitable design of database objects
- Write and adhere to database documentation, including standards, procedures and company practices
- Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Capacity planning
- Work closely with IT project managers and developers
- Communicate regularly with technical, application and operational staff
- Provide on-call support as required
- Carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
- Exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the role is responsible for are organised and controlled.
- Uphold responsibilities for risk and business continuity practices as appropriate to the position the role holds within the organisation.
- To comply with the regulatory regimes in which IFDS operates, with particular consideration given to relevant Client Asset, Data Protection and Financial Crime Prevention regulations, as appropriate to the above role.
- All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery.
- To effectively plan the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the customer (internal and external).
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance.
- To observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have experience of the following:
- Oracle 10g/11g/12c experience on Redhat/Linux OS
- SAN Storage technologies
- Performance Tuning and Problem Resolution
- Grid Control
- Proven record of performance tuning within a Production Oracle environment
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- A drive for improvement and implementation of best practice
- Reference salary
- 25 Days holiday
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Family healthcare
- flexbenefits scheme
About the Company
International Financial Data Services (IFDS) is the leading supplier of third-party administration and IT services to European investment clients and their customers. Part of a global group and a joint venture between State Street Corporation and DST Systems, our business has grown ten-fold since inception in 1995 and continues with rapid growth today! We currently offer state of the art solutions across funds, retirement & insurance and investment platforms. We employ over 3000 staff across the UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Thailand and Mumbai.