Operational MI – MI Development - Senior Technical Associate
Providing management information KPI and Analysis packs to our clients, management and other departments across the business, investigating all aspects of the work SS&C carry out including; performance against internal and external quality standards, business analysis and support for ad-hoc queries or projects.
- Ensuring SS&C meet client expectations in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Be prepared to achieve & strive to exceed minimum standards in line with KPIs, SLAs & Key Results Areas, both in terms of quality and productivity
- Respond positively to the goals of the MIS team, support colleagues, and actively add to the success of the overall department
- To ensure SS&C operationally meet business requirements.
- Be fully aware of the procedure and process for completing assigned regular duties/tasks.
- Be fully aware of any client specific procedures
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of Excel , Powerpoint and other reporting tools.
- To ensure processes and procedures are appropriately controlled, monitored and documented.
- To commit to personally putting the customer first and providing an excellent customer service at all times
- A flexible approach towards overtime when it is required and working hours in general.
- Ensure that any issues which are identified are escalated in a timely manner.
- Confidentiality is crucial to the role.
All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities:
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery.
- To effectively plan the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the customer (internal and external).
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance.
- To observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel
- Complex problem solving
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Effective communication and negotiation
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.
All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.