Main Purpose of Role
This position will require independent thinking and demand full use and application of the principles, theories and concepts of firewalling, load balancing, routing and switching technologies. The role will work closely with SS&C’s technical teams, project management, and engineering teams to ensure SS&C meet the customer’s requirements. In addition, the role will provide technological vision for network transformation and ensure network requirements and information is shared with infrastructure and engineering resources assigned to the project and run groups.
This position will require strong communication skills, both written and verbal, as knowledge sharing across the group is key.
- Networking Qualifications e.g. Cisco CCNA, CCIE
- Experience performing network break fix support.
- Cisco IOS command line configuration skills.
- Cisco Nexus command line configuration skills.
- Configuring and supporting firewalls including but not limited to: Cisco Firepowers, Cisco ASA, Juniper Netscreens, Palo Alto.
- Demonstrable knowledge of IPSEC and building / troubleshooting VPNs
- Network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds.
- Working knowledge of network load balancers e.g. F5’s.
- Full understanding of network protocols within the TCP suite.
- Understanding of Ethernet standards.
- Awareness of network cabling standards and best practices.
- Support of Wifi platforms across multiple sites
- Understanding of internet services and their support.
- Experience of standard routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
- Knowledge of OTV and Fabric Path.
- Knowledge of internet DNS.
Nice to Have's
- Previous roles in Financial services
- Versa SD-WAN
- Juniper and Cumulus network devices
- Configuration and operation of IVR and Voice Recording systems
- Windows and Linux operating systems.
- SAN switching.
- Knowledge of network management automation tools.
- Experience of working with Telco suppliers and network vendors.
- Amazon Web Services networking
- Cloud computing in general
- Possess a broad and thorough technical understanding and have experience in designing, configuring, implementing & testing, troubleshooting and supporting multi-site critical network environments that consist of multivendor Routers, Switches, Wireless LAN, WAN Accelerator, VoIP, Load Balancers, Firewalls & Network Security devices.
- Provide roadmaps for overall network operations
- Provide standards for network run and acceptance from delivery
- Support initiatives within design and architecture teams and translate standards and policies into run teams
- Provide day to day infrastructure break fix support, ensuring tickets logged via Servicenow or delegated via Change Control system are resolved within designated SLA period.
- Provide fault analysis and resolutions, to understand and analyse allocated support calls, identify a recommended solution and estimate the effort necessary to implement the solution using appropriate methods.
- Assist other team members in the installation and support of new network solution (hardware and associated components). Ensure that any new solution is installed to the established standards so that it can be supported by the wider Team.
- Adhere to established regulatory compliance processes. This includes but is not exclusive to FSA best practice guidelines.
- Ensure all networks supported equipment is included in monitoring systems;
- Ensure all networks documentation including live maps are updated and checked on a regular basis. Complete any other appropriate ad hoc/tasks as directed by your manager / leader.
- Work on small project teams within Networks, under the direction of your manager, Subject Matter Experts or project managers
- Active participation in IT based meetings.
- Ensure support procedures are adhered to by other team members, by performing peer reviews of changes and documentation.
- Ensure change control procedures are adhered to, including all post change activities, such as addition to monitoring tools, by performing peer reviews and signoff of procedures;
- Active participation in Disaster Recovery tests.
- Contribute to the delivery of IT projects following established SS&C FSI processes.
- Adherence to SS&C FSI Change control processes ensuring that approach is Risk Averse. Ensure that any CC’s raised contain the required level of detail required by CAB.
- Participate in the team shift pattern and 24x7 on-call rota
- Working out of hours is required for maintenance and change work.