Location: Brentwood, Essex
P3 / G
Designs, supports, coordinates, controls and operates internal data communication systems or specialized components of a network whether data including Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), by conducting such activities as planning, configuring, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting and tuning network infrastructure which might include routers, switches, gateways, firewall systems, multi-function switches and network security devices. Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Maintain data network hardware and systems; investigates and resolves network and hardware matters, researches, analyses, isolates and resolves errors; assesses and updates older networks as needed and in accordance with specified strategy.
- Provides technical support on data networks for internal and external customers; answers technical questions; recommends and implements approved course of action. Provides technical leadership for data network problem escalation and resolution.
- Installs and maintains network facilities, including hardware, software, and system data for small to medium sized networks. Installs network applications on network servers; maintains, tests, researches and resolves problems. Determines appropriate standard testing routines or scripts; test various data equipment such as routers, switches, hubs or optical equipment, or multi-function switches, end offices etc. for maintenance.
- Designs, implements and maintains various networks such as LAN, WAN in accordance with specified requirements. Prepares data network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
- Performs data network configurations and configuration changes of equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, multi-function switches to enhance performance and / or technical requirements
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced associates.
- Prepares routine proposal documentation and information to meet customer requirements.
Skills and Experience
- Experience performing network break fix support.
- Cisco IOS command line configuration skills.
- Cisco Nexus command line configuration skills.
- Experience configuring and supporting various firewalls including but not limited to ASA, Juniper Netscreens, Palo Alto.
- Experience using network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds.
- Knowledge of different network hardware and its uses.
- Working knowledge of network load balancers.