This position will require independent thinking and demand full use and application of principles, theories and concepts of routing and switching technologies. They will work closely with DST technical teams, project management, and engineering teams to insure meeting the customer’s requirements. In addition, the role will provide technological vision for network transformation, serve as the Network Technical lead back into DST, and ensure information is flowing to infrastructure and engineering resources assigned to project and run
This position will provide a mentoring program for other team members and responsible for delivery of knowledge sharing across the team
- Possess a broad and thorough technical understanding and have experience in designing, configuring, implementing & testing, troubleshooting and supporting multisite critical network environments that consist of multivendor Routers, Switches, Wireless LAN, WAN Accelerator, VoIP, Firewall & Network Security.
- Provide roadmaps for overall network operations
- Provide standards for network run and acceptance from delivery
- Support initiatives within design and architecture teams and translate standards and policies into run teams
- Provide day to day infrastructure break fix support, ensuring tickets logged via Servicenow or delegated via Change Control system are resolved within designated SLA period.
- Assist other team members in the installation and support of new network solution (hardware and associated components). Ensure that any new solution is installed to the established standards so that it can be supported by the wider Team.
- Provide fault analysis and resolutions, to understand and analyse allocated support calls, identify a recommended solution and estimate the effort necessary to implement the solution using appropriate methods.
- Adhere to established regulatory compliance processes. This includes but is not exclusive to FSA best practice guidelines.
- Ensure all networks supported equipment is included in monitoring systems;
- Ensure all networks documentation including live maps are updated and checked on a regular basis.
- Complete any other appropriate ad hoc/tasks as directed by your manager / leader.
- Ensure change control procedures are adhered to, including all post change activities, such as addition to monitoring tools, by performing peer reviews and signoff of procedures;
- Active participation in Disaster Recovery tests.
- Adherence to IFDS Change control processes ensuring that approach is Risk Averse. Ensure that any CC’s raised contain the required level of detail required by CAB.
- Be a part of the shift rota and 24x7 on-call rota
- Working out of hours is required for maintenance and change work.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience performing network break fix support.
- Cisco IOS command line configuration skills.
- Cisco Nexus command line configuration skills.
- Experience configuring and supporting various firewalls including but not limited to ASA, Juniper Netscreens, Palo Alto.
- Experience using network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds.
- Knowledge of different network hardware and its uses.
- Working knowledge of network load balancers.
- Full understanding of network protocols within the TCP suite.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working within a busy team.
- Experience working with 3rd party suppliers.
- Ability to work under pressure and to quickly identify problems.
- Awareness of Financial service regulations and how they apply to Network Support.
- Awareness of network cabling standards and best practices.
- Ability to support Wifi platforms.
- Understanding of internet services and their support.
- Experience of standard routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
- Organisational and time management skills
- Knowledge of network management automation tools.
- Experience of working within a blue chip company.
- Experience working with Telco vendors.
- Experience in Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Understanding of Ethernet standards.
- Knowledge of OTV and Fabric Path.
- Knowledge of IVR systems and their configuration and operation.Knowledge of internet DNS.
- Reference salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 25 Days holiday
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Family healthcare
- flexbenefits scheme
About the Company