Manager, Hedge Fund Accounting
The role is based within our EMEA Funds Services team. EMEA Fund Services is the department within SS&C primarily focused on providing MBO and Admin services for Hedge Funds / Fund of Funds / Institutional Asset Managers as well as Family Wealth offices. There are 3 groups, with 2 based in London and one in Dublin.
SS&C are seeking an Account Manager with a strong fund accounting background in its London office based near St Pauls.
The position involves actively managing the service deliverables to our clients by working with the client aligned service group to ensure all end to end service deliverables are met on a daily basis. The successful applicant will need to work across the internal service groups and although will have an accounting background, will be expected to understand the day to day operational processing. The successful applicant should be building partnerships with their clients and ensuring that the services we provide allow the client to grow their business confident in our performance.
The successful applicant should have experience working on EU Regulated funds (eg. UCITS) and a good understanding of the various fund structures that fall within the EU Regulatory environment. They should be aware of the reporting and filings to be made with the regulatory authorities and the ability to interpret and explain the regulations as they apply to the role.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Client Service/Delivery Management
- Account Manager for a number of EMEA Fund Administration clients; typically Hedge Funds and Asset Managers
- Work closely with clients to understand their needs and service requirements and formulising account plans
- Facilitating and chairing regular in person service review meetings
- Responsible for managing client issues and projects through to satisfactory resolution across all functions
- Ability to build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ensure all services are provided to clients in accordance with the contracts and any service level agreements
- NAV Production, Daily P&L delivery, Investor Allocations, Management and Performance Fee calculation and Reporting
- Understanding and Implementing Fund Prospectus and Governing Documentation on SS&C Systems
- Demonstrate a good Knowledge of Accounting Standards (IAS, IFRS, US GAAP ) and provide Oversight of the Year End Fund Audit
- Delivering efficiencies through automation, Standardisation and STP of processes
- Assessing and ensuring industry best practices are achieved
- Oversight of error reports; assessment of control failure and management of control improvements
- Maintain a robust risk and control frame work around our all deliverables
The Ideal Candidate
- Understanding of the EU Regulatory environment and the various fund structures and requirements as they apply to the role
- Demonstrated track record of strong client management in the financial sector
- Demonstrated experience and clear understanding of credit products – Corporate bonds, CLO/CMOs, TRS , CDS, Loans and the main drivers of the P&L on these products
- Industry/Accounting Qualifications preferred (ACCA, CA, CAIA, CFA, CIMA)
- Proven record of liaising with Audit firms
- Solid understanding of operational risk and controls.
- Able to work well under pressure and providing solutions to complex problems
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication in English
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills
- Intelligent, professional, confident and presentable
- Ability to work independently and in a team under tight deadlines
- Keen to learn and develop and lead by example
- Maintain and display a high level of professionalism when dealing with clients, investors and colleagues
- Proactive and positive approach to all challenges. Self-motivated and take initiative
- Strong people management skills: both locally and remotely
- Excellent organisational skills
- Project management experience and skills is advantageous
About the Company
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 51 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 20,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.