The Loan Operations team is responsible for providing daily operational support to SS&C GlobeOp clients engaged in a variety of investment products but with a focus on the trading of primary and secondary bank loans via CLO’s and other types of holding entities.
The successful candidate will work within a dedicated team to provide loan closing support across LMA/LSTA, primary and secondary syndicated loan trades. They will have weekly meetings with the client to go over any settlement issues, and priorities. Reporting on open and settled trades are prepared within the group and sent to the client.
Interaction with trustees/custodians and the loan servicing group to settle any trade related cash breaks are required.
- Be part of a team of 2-4 loan closers, serve as the point of escalation
- Provide team training, developmental guidance
- Drive commercial focus, best practices, scalable and control minded process improvements across business lines
- Maintain daily and monthly metrics
- Significant Interaction with senior management, SS&C GlobeOp clients, their trading counterparties, agent banks and other SS&C GlobeOp departments (i.e.: fund accounting, operations, OTC operations and OTC Pricing) relative to loan processing
The Ideal Candidate
- Financial services/securities industry managerial experience in operations and or loan operations. Working for either a prime broker, administrator or hedge fund
- Understanding of syndicated loans; including trade closings - LSTA market settlement conventions. Credit Agreements and their operational mechanics, i.e. funds flows, ticking fees, paydown, drawdowns as well as their interrelationship with agent bank, trading counterparties, custodians and trustee
- Knowledge of ClearPar, WSO, and Advent Geneva experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and make deadlines
- Solid client relationship management skills
About the Company
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 51 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 20,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.
Data Privacy Notice
The provision of personal information through your job application will be processed in accordance with SS&C Data Privacy Notice for Candidates (https://www.ssctech.com/Portals/0/Documents/pdf-assets/SSC-EEA-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf ), which the applicant hereby acknowledges having read and fully understood.
SS&C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.