Life & Pensions Product Specialist
Life & Pensions Product Specialist
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 51 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 24,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.
An exciting opportunity to join the Life & Pensions Product team to drive forward initiatives and deliver innovative market leading Life Insurance and Pension Products to the Financial Industry.
Supporting the Life & Pensions Product Team to ensure the relevant requirements are captured, documented and prioritised to meet product strategy, alongside tracking to the 'definition of done' on each feature story/sprint.
Representing the user within the sprint supporting the development, enhancement, testing and delivery of products, working within an Agile methodology.
Be an ambassador of the Product and Innovation team, driving forward improvement initiatives within the team and collaboration with internal and external parties.
- Identify and analyse requirements for future and current products.
- Plan, design and prepare data to support product development; determine requirements.
- Lead and facilitate meetings/workshops and confidently present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as a key interface within the enterprise with the ability to cross communicate requirements, needs and concepts.
- Work within and support the scrum team, ensuring best practice principles are adhered to.
- Support testing within sprint - planning, co-ordination and execution, ensuring that system changes delivered meet the systems design and the user story desired outcome.
- Provide consultancy and / or the coordination of support for all stages of system and user acceptance testing along with Early Life Support/post implementation support.
- Keep all stakeholders informed of progress, risks and issues on work (quality, timelines, budget).
- Complete weekly release status and other bespoke project reporting in line with the needs of key stakeholders/project managers.
- Complete work to required quality standards and within agreed budget.
- Ensure industry knowledge and specific product knowledge is maintained. Keep abreast of regulatory change and industry trends.
- Build collaborative relationships and provide consultancy for internal and external stakeholders, representing SS&C as required.
- Work with key stakeholders to assist with maintenance of regulatory business artefacts, such as Process Maps and the Business Services Proposition.
- Consider the company’s strengths and capabilities, technologies, quality, costs, customer interactions, and marketplace demands.
- Be a crucial member of the scrum team providing expertise to support product success.
- Analyse market opportunity and anticipate industry direction.
- Apply technical, business, product and industry knowledge to product.
- Make recommendations for product enhancements to improve the product offering and profitability.
- Sales support including responding to RFPs.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Over 3 years’ experience in Life Insurance and/or Pensions Financial Services, ideally including business and technology roles
- Proven analytical skills
- Client facing
- Strong and proven interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good influencer and negotiator
- Proven champion of change
- Ability to lead and take ownership
- Strong sense of ownership to ensure a high quality deliverable
- Working experience of Analysis and Design methodology
- Experience of working in Agile methodology