Lead Release Manager
To plan, manage and communicate the delivery of releases and any co-dependent technologies through all phases from initial scoping, through development and testing, to live implementation, and post live period.
To also support and line manage Release Managers with oversight of their releases and technologies.
- Prepare and publish release deployment schedule.
- Line manage Release Managers.
- Oversight and support of applications and technologies managed by Release Managers within line management structure.
- Responsible for ensuring Release Managers complete tasks successfully and follow correct Release Management governance from Release inception to production and post live.
- Chair release status, checkpoint and post live meetings and issue meeting minutes and documentation.
- Provide weekly release management reports to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Manage and control the scope of the releases with respect to the IFDS project life cycle.
- Construct release contents document and ensure release communications (e.g., release contents) are made available to internal parties and external clients (via project/client managers) according to the published Release Deployment Schedule; and participate in the walk-through of release contents with external clients.
- Ensure timely and up to date information is sent to external clients (via project/client managers) for changes to MIS provision products.
- Oversee internal sign-off and management company acceptance of release including confidence testing; control, reconcile and authorise the contents of the code package in line with the signed off contents.
- Prepare issue and manage deployment and implementation weekend plans and communication cascades in support of live implementation and confidence test.
- Co-ordinate live implementation weekend activities ensuring key checkpoints are adhered to and confidence test participants are given timely information regarding any changes to the planned schedule. Understand when escalation is needed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Advanced skills in MS Office suite
- ITIL Qualified
- Financial Services
- Understanding of project life cycle and Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Ability to liaise with internal and external customers at all levels of seniority
- Confident in chairing and participating in meetings
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge if IFDS core systems
- Good negotiation skills
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland