Lead Business Analyst
To perform business system design, business analysis, process analysis and business systems consultancy to support the IFDS and our clients business models.
Create business requirements documents, process models and design specifications to support, the development, enhancement, testing and delivery of IT systems. For agile project in particular the analyst will be involved throughout the project as a member of a multi-discipline team who are collectively delivering software to meet a business objective. The primary role of the Analyst in this team is to own the requirements and to ensure that there is sufficient knowledge and understanding of the requirements within the rest of the team.
To support new business or strategic propositions with a specific focus on functional gap analysis and business systems design.
- The analysis and documentation of estimates to varying degrees for internal and client requested enhancements using the current IFDS estimating methodology.
- The analysis and documentation of system gaps and feasibility studies for major areas of new IFDS systems functionality.
- Work closely with and support of both IT Architecture and IT Development to ensure that initial design approaches or key rules / values of the system being enhanced are not compromised and that the developments are, from inception, steered towards the published systems architecture.
- Engagement with IT Architecture and System Analysts during the business analysis & design process ensuring both are fully aware of the design before issue of any design document.
- Preparation, or participation in the creation of detailed business requirements and design along with documentation including changes to the system logical data model, dialog / screen design and system processing to meet business requirements. These will be produced in close collaboration with business users along with internal and external client walkthroughs and reviews.
- Create standing data requirements / documentation based on the chosen business system design as required.
- Support of system test planning, co-ordination and execution ensuring that system changes delivered meet the business systems design and the original business requirement. Consultancy and / or the coordination of support for all stages of system and user acceptance testing along with post implementation support.
- To provide specialist solution driven consultancy and business systems knowledge in a development or production support capacity for internal or external clients from administrator to board level.
- Act as a key interface between the business and IT with the ability to cross communicate requirements, needs and concepts.
- Lead analysis for IFDS system software releases or specific builds including planning, control of design, build activities and implementation along with status reporting to the IFDS release & project managers.
- Point of contact and lead analyst / coach to other business analysts.
- Assign to, monitor and control work where required to other business analysts keeping the Business Analysis Senior Managers informed of progress, risks and issues.
- To research and monitor IT and business developments identifying potential product opportunities and enhanced service offerings for IFDS and where required host or lead workshops on specific products / services.
- Build relationships and provide consultancy for internal and external customers and represent IFDS, as required, at industry and consultative bodies, trade associations and industry initiatives. Ensure industry knowledge and specific product knowledge is maintained. Keep abreast of regulatory change and industry trends.
- Provides guidance to stakeholders on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve the project objectives using manual processes or software tools
- Facilitates cross-functional team meetings to develop and implement business solutions and optimize operations, conducts impact analysis of new products, systems, upgrades and changes for department/functional areas, and evaluates systems and business processes for feasibility
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of at least one business area and informed knowledge of multiple business areas. Work with business partners to align technical solutions with business strategies.
- Provide coaching and guidance expertise on Business Analysis processes and procedures
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Over 5 years’ extensive in-depth experience in the Collective Investment Industry, ideally including business and technology roles.
- Proven IT analytical and system design skills based on various analysis methodologies
- Logical and physical database modelling and design
- ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis
- Strong and proven interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good influencer and negotiator
- Proven champion of change
- Strong sense of ownership to ensure a high quality deliverable
- Experience of GUI design
- Excellent AS400 and SQL skills or their equivalents
- Sound understanding of IFDS systems and technology infrastructure, both current and proposed.
- Regarded as SME on multiple IFDS products and services.
- Working experience of SSADM