Lead Associate, Operational Controls
Responsible for reviewing a suite of High Risk Reports to assist in identifying any potential Fraud/Money Laundering.
- Raise any suspicions to the DST Compliance Team at the earliest opportunity
- To ensure DST met client expectations in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- To achieve and strive to exceed minimum standards in relation to quality and productivity
- Liaise with other business areas of DST in a professional and courteous manner
- To ensure any issues are identified and escalated in a timely manner
- To personally commit to putting the customer first and providing an excellent customer service at all time
You will be required to support our off-shore processing team and offer guidance when required. This role will have fully proficient and in-depth understanding of the function they are working in, being able to use developed specialised skills to complete a wide range of tasks with a limited degree of supervision.
How we act is who we are, in a high performance culture, employees are professional and treat one another with respect. At DST, we “Do the right thing” and we have guiding behaviours that clearly define expectations for professional behaviour:
- Instill Trust
- Be accountable
- Focus on the client
- Develop talent in yourself and others
- Communicate effectively
- Professionalism is essential to our high performance culture and those who fail to meet these standards of behaviour, no matter how smart or talented they might be, are not fit for the organization.
Additionally, you will be required to:
- Provide an effective & efficient service to both our internal and external customers
- Respond positively to the goals of the team, support colleagues, and actively add to the success of the overall department
- Attend and actively contribute to team meetings
- Develop an understanding of all client profiles/products to be able to deliver outstanding customer service
- Actively seek & respond to feedback. Use service failures both internally & externally as an educator to improve our process, procedures & overall service to the customer
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Understand the Business Continuity Plan for your department
- Comply with the regulatory regimes in which DST operates, with particular consideration given to the relevant Client Asset, Data Protection and Financial Crime Prevention regulations, as appropriate to the role
- To attend Client Asset training. Ensure all activities are undertaken in accordance with established Client Asset procedures & controls, and that any changes to activities are considered for Client Asset implications
- Understand Client Money regulations and process in line with these to prevent breaches of the regulations
- All employees are accountable for the delivery of a quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities:
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery
The Ideal Candidate
- Basic Keyboard skills to include awareness of MS Office packages
- Good verbal reasoning and numeric skills
- Ability to analyse and appraise work, to identify potential areas of concern that could lead to risk
- Experience in the finance industry essential
- Desirable – IOC Introduction to Securities and Investment
- Pro-Rata salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 20 Days holiday (Pro-Rata and increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.