Junior Application Developer
To provide Requirement analysis, SQL and .Net Development, Unit Testing and give support for user testing and deployment.
Support for both Internal and External clients
- Ability to apply SQL and .Net Microsoft tools to enhance business processes.
- Able to carry out unit testing
- Provision of user support to Internal and External clients as required.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise
- Ability to train non-technical users on SQL solutions.
- Able to deliver projects to agreed specification and within agreed parameters.
- Able to complete requirements gathering, comprehensive analysis and provide business / technical design for SQL solutions.
- Able to perform Client Reviews as required.
- Able to work with all areas of IT to deliver integrated solutions.
The Ideal Candidate
- Some experience of using SQL queries and a good level understanding of databases.
- Some experience of working with the .Net framework and development environment.
- An understanding of software development and testing.
- Ability to document solutions for others to follow.
- Willingness and drive to learn new skills on job.
- Highly capable problem solver
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have
- Financial services experience
- Some experience of developing with SQL Server, SSIS or SSRS,.
- Understanding of Unit & software testing
- Experience of developing with XML, XML Schema, Xpath and Xquery.
- Development experience with C#/VB.NET
- Building applications with a focus on flexible architecture
- Degree Level or equivalent