Investment Operations Analyst
Institutional Outsourcing, a division of SS&C Technologies, Inc., is an investment processing service group that provides back office accounting, performance and reporting support to Asset Management, Insurance, Wealth Management, Pension Funds and REIT clients. The UK Institutional Outsourcing team are searching for an Investment Operations Analyst to support their Wealth clients both domestically and internationally.
You will be responsible for monitoring and managing issues related to the daily trade and investment lifecycle tasks related to the investment operations of wealth management client. Responsibilities will include oversight of activity and exceptions related to market data, trades, settlement, corporate actions, pricing, and performance.
- Monitoring and management of issues related to investment and trade lifecycle managed in task management system.
- Trade support – Matching, trade settlement and confirmation, SWIFT. CTM, Tradesuite (DTCC).
- Work in partnership with product teams to resolve issues as they occur and improve overall processes.
- Daily and monthly reconciliation of investment portfolios with custodian banks.
- Update security and portfolio level class schemes and properties
- Daily monitoring and processing of all corporate actions
- Perform daily and monthly calculation, reconciliation, control and outlier reporting of performance for assigned client’s portfolios, and benchmarks.
- Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly performance measurement reporting.
- Verify and maintain security static and dynamic data
- Verify and maintain portfolio static and dynamic data
- Trade capture and issue resolution.
- Address ad hoc inquiries from the client/custodian banks including wealth related topics, trade support and performance analysis such as providing explanations of performance fluctuations and anomalies.
- Identify inefficiencies in the current production processes and make recommendations on how to improve them
- Maintain internal client support logs
- Documentation of processes
- Other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous investment operations experience within Middle Office or Back Office within the Wealth Management, Asset Management Industry, Outsourcing Industry.
- Experience working in a time sensitive investment operations environment.
- Previous experience with investment performance measurement preferred.
- Previous experience with Microsoft SQL preferred.
- Previous experience with task management tool preferred.
- Previous trade support and experience in SSI’s and SWIFT, DTCC CTM & Tradesuite
- Strong knowledge of a range of asset classes, such as Equity, Fixed Income, Collectives and Derivatives
- Investment life cycle knowledge
- Experience of performance measurement and analysis tasks – Desirable
- Proven ability to meet strict periodic deliverables
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player and work ethic
- Previous experience using Sylvan and Pages is advantageous.
- Finance related degree preferred
About the Company
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 51 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 20,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.
Data Privacy Notice
The provision of personal information through your job application will be processed in accordance with SS&C Data Privacy Notice for Candidates (https://www.ssctech.com/Portals/0/Documents/pdf-assets/SSC-EEA-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf), which the applicant hereby acknowledges having read and fully understood.
SS&C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.