IT Service Desk Technical Associate
IT Service Desk Technical Associate – 6x Months Fixed Term Contract
The IT Service Desk is responsible for all first line enquiries and reported issues for all internal and external customers of DST systems and applications working to published service levels.
You will help to ensure that the IT Service Desk process and services are delivered correctly to the business and that any barriers to service provision are addressed and/or escalated.
Assisting the IT Service Desk manager and team leader in the day-day running of the Service Desk providing technical expertise as and when required.
Tools and automation play a major part of this role, ensuring controls, quality and efficiency can continually evolve and improve as the focus and the importance of this function continually increases.
- Investigate and resolve where possible application, software and hardware incidents from internal and external clients.
- Assign accurate data to support teams and escalate when necessary on behalf of the customer.
- Adhere to published SLA when managing incidents / requests.
- To ensure that the IT Service Desk processes and services are properly delivered to the business and that any barriers to proper service provision are addressed and/or escalated.
- Champion the IT Service Management process and policies.
- Manage and contribute to the project and programme lifecycle as assigned by the IT Service Desk Manager.
- Provide support cover to the IT Service Desk as and when required.
- Observe Service Desk operational techniques to determine how effective they are and implement new techniques when old ones are ineffective.
- Assist with project work as defined by the IT Service Desk Manager.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland