IT Service Desk Technical Associate
The Service Desk is responsible for all first line enquiries and reported issues for all internal and external users of DST systems and applications working to published service levels. This is an ideal role for an individual with confident system skills, excellent customer service and query resolution skills.
- Provide excellent customer service, whilst investigating and resolving (where possible) application, software and hardware Incidents from internal and external customers.
- Assigning accurate data to support teams and escalating when necessary on behalf of the customer.
- Adhere to published SLAs when managing Incidents / Requests.
- To champion the Service Management processes, assisting Incident and Request analysts throughout DST when needed.
- To ensure that the IT Service Desk process and services are properly delivered to the business and that any barriers to proper service provision are addressed and/or escalated.
- Provide support cover to the IT Service Desk as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong customer service skills, along with confident and professional communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience in providing 1st line telephone support for both Internal and External users.
- Ability to liaise with colleagues to research Incidents and find solutions or assign the call to the relevant support team.
- Experience in escalation of issues to other support teams and management where appropriate.
- Having a clear understanding of Service Level Agreements within a Corporate Environment.
- Organisational and time management skills
- Knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Customer Services skills.
- Experience working within an ITIL environment based around Incident and Problem management principals.
- An understanding of Active Directory.
- Educated to at least A level standard.
- An awareness of all risks associated with in a Service Desk environment.
- Experience in a high pressured environment working to strict timelines.
- Experience using Service Now.
A fantastic opportunity to join this fast-growing, global company with full training and support from day one!
- Pro-Rata salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 20 Days holiday (Pro-Rata and increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.
Our employees are responsible for all administration and processing services – on behalf of our clients - for their end customers (that’s why you may not have heard the actual name ‘DST’ before!)
All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.