Head of Audit
The Head of Audit will perform advanced level, professional Internal Audit work as a key component of the corporate risk management, internal control and governance structure. Work independently with extensive latitude to take initiative and apply independent judgment to affect Internal Audit practices. Assist in developing and direct a comprehensive audit plan/program including operational, information technology and compliance audit projects for DST. Provide consulting services to the organization’s management and staff. Provide management, on-going training, coaching and supervision to the Internal Audit staff.
- Support the Internal Audit Department through the achievement of departmental goals.
- Support Internal Audit staff through development, coaching, evaluations and training.
- Support the planning, performance, and communication of audit activities of the organization.
- Ask thought provoking and intelligent questions which will enable additional insight and/or discussion surrounding business processes and audit observations.
- Identify key risks and controls throughout the organization.
- Work collaboratively with management in communicating audit observations and developing value added, realistic and achievable audit recommendations.
- Monitor implementation of recommendations through review of the Outstanding Audit Observations.
- Establish strong working relationships with management at the organization to facilitate on-going management consultation with audit;
- Ensure timely completion of the annual Audit Plan and achievement of department goals and objectives through effective management of Internal Audit staff, ensuring adherence to quality, productivity and budgetary guidelines.
- Facilitate external auditors and regulatory bodies during examinations of the organization.
- Participate in client visits, providing overviews of Internal Audit responsibilities and respond to general oversight/governance questions.
- Participate in Committee meeting within the organization, providing Internal Audit perspective on topics discussed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant audit experience, including several years of management
- Qualified Auditor or Accountant, CIA, CISA or other applicable professional certification preferred
- Knowledge of Information Technology governance and security
- Excellent knowledge of Internal Audit practices, including IIA Standards and Practice Advisories
- Excellent knowledge of financial services industry and related processes
- Technical audit skills and analytical/critical thinking skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% of working time
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a business concentration preferred
- Good project and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior presentation skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Basic to intermediate financial management skills
- Consistently demonstrates professional and ethical behaviour