Financial Services Apprenticeship - Transaction Processing
A fantastic opportunity to join one of the fastest growing and largest employers in Essex! Join us as an Apprentice with full training and support from day one!
DST offers a fully paid Apprenticeship leading to Level 2 in ‘Investment Operations’ and the first paper of the globally recognised IOC qualification! All training is via E –Portfolios/webinar/on the job. No attendance at college is needed and you will be amongst many other current and former Apprentices, so with great support! Upon successful completion of your Apprenticeship an internal development scheme awaits you at DST, and with it, the ability to climb the career ladder further!
As an Apprentice, you will gain an understanding of how each of the main business areas operate and how they work in conjunction to ensure that our clients’ needs are met.
The role involves providing support to the main functions of the department, ensuring that all procedures are followed in order to maintain the standard of service within service level agreements. You will be required to communicate with different departments and build relationships which will enable you to expand your knowledge of the business, learning how processes work from both an operational and regulatory perspective.
We have Apprenticeship vacancies across several different departments at Basildon including:
This team are responsible for the processing of deals (eg buying/selling of investments) onto our client database system (FAST) on behalf of the Management Companies that DST services (ie our Clients) either by post or fax. Any deals received must be placed on the same day to ensure they get the correct valuation point (VP).
The Ideal Candidate
- GCSE Mathematics and English Language
- A strong command of spelling and grammar with good letter-writing skills (particularly for written and email based roles)
- Good general computer skills including basic Word, Excel and email (plus any experience of using an in-house database is a bonus)
- The ability to work to daily/weekly deadlines and follow strict processes
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Above all the desire to learn and an eagerness to begin a career in the financial services sector!
- Starting salary of £12,500 followed by regular reviews and increases, leading to £16,350 once complete
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- DST Sports and Social membership
- On site canteen
About the Company
DST Systems, Inc. (NYSE: DST) is a leading provider of specialized technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We assist clients in transforming complexity into strategic advantage by providing tools and services to help them stay ahead of and capitalize on ever-changing customer, business and regulatory requirements in the world’s most demanding industries. For more information, visit the DST website at www.dstsystems.com.
DST operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender identification, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.