Daily responsibility for management companies bank accounts on the Percana or Infor10 operating systems. Ensuring postings are booked correctly across the general ledger through to bank clearance.
Responsible for ensuring accounting information is sent to the Management Companies in accordance with Service Level Agreement deadlines is accurate, complete and clearly presented. Maintain good relationships with the Management Companies and take proactive action to warn of potential problems.
• Complete daily bank reconciliation for Dealing and Commission bank accounts for allocated management companies for relevant currencies
• Analyse and resolve outstanding items. Report investigation/action required for those items both internally and to management companies
• Reconciling daily BACS income to submission files ensuring client money protection and debit card entries from Ledger to Bank receipts
• Daily – Running Trial Balance and completing Daily Checks
• Utilising Frontier reconciliation system - reconciling cashbook and bank items through the Infor10 ledger and banking feed
• Weekly reconciliation of ledger and integrity reconciliations
• Complete monthly financial reporting pack providing P&L and Balance sheet and reconciliations to management companies
• Reconcile monthly commission files to ledger postings and raise differences to be looked into by RIS Ops
• Complete daily checklists
• Understanding and completing year end ledger roll process
• Undertake necessary training to build a full working knowledge of team’s systems/processes/controls including on job coaching within team
• Plan and organise daily work to ensure completion within standard practices
• System Changes – Taking on any system changes, assist with testing and setup when required
• To provide support to the Team and to Clients in respect of queries
• To liaise with internal/external Clients to obtain solutions to problems and make informed and clear decisions consulting with TL/Manager
• Assist with training new members of the team
• To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
The Ideal Candidate
• General Organisational and business skills
• Knowledge of Life & Pensions products administration after attending DST training
• Knowledge of Standard Accounting Practices
• A good understanding of reconciliations and double entry bookkeeping.
• Good keyboard and processing skills including MS office packages & systems used within the business
• Excellent numeric, written and verbal communication skills
• Good customer service skills
• Good understanding of customer’s needs
• Can receive feedback in constructive manner
• Open minded approach to suggestions from colleagues and manager
• Can contribute good working atmosphere within own team and dealing with customers
• Proven competence in mathematical skills
• Analytical and Investigative skills
• Ability to work without close supervision.
• Knowledge of FCA regulatory environment
• Knowledge of the required departmental systems
• Knowledge of double entry
• Desire to study for financial or relevant industry qualification if required
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.