Financial Crime Manager
Join our Financial Crime Compliance Team within the Second Line of Defence. Define and continually improve financial crime processes and procedures, and ensure a robust framework by providing oversight of the First Line of Defence Operations. Raise employee compliance risk awareness and conduct monitoring activities, including identifying trends, possible gaps in process and corrective actions and contribute to strengthening the compliance culture within the organisation. Provide support to the MLRO and Financial Crime Senior Manager and complying with the regulatory regimes in which SS&C operates.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the oversight of the First Line of Defence operations, including reviewing the SARs, PEP/Sanction checks, Transaction Monitoring, KYC on-boarding and reverification management.
- Lead and have the oversight of new and existing confirmed fraud cases identifying trends and engaging Operations in the development of any gaps.
- Lead the review of monthly samples of internal SAR related referral queries and of AML related breaches.
- Provide specialist financial crime advice to the business operations, product development and change management teams.
- Provide guidance to the Compliance Monitoring Team on their quarterly reviews on the financial crime risks and support throughout the review period.
- Support in Management Company due diligence checks and annual audit reviews.
- Contribute to the monthly reporting for the Board relating to financial crime.
- Assist in the production of the annual MLRO Report.
- Help develop and motivate the 1LOD Operations Team and work with internal teams to assist them in identifying fraud and financial crime enhancements.
- Build client financial crime team relationships through regular meetings.
The Ideal Candidate
We seek candidates with:
- Detailed knowledge of the Money Laundering Regulations and JMLSG guidance.
- A confident understanding of Financial Crime Prevention and the relevant FCA requirements.
- Demonstrable understanding of compliance within the Financial Services Industry.
- Attention to detail, with confident inter-personal and customer service skills, excellent communication and organisational skill.
- Ability to work independently, or as a member of a small team.
- ICA or ACAMS qualified or willingness to study for.