As a member of the Financial Accounting Team, provide support to the Financial Accounting Director in all aspects general ledger accounting and control, financial reporting, and VAT reporting; for the UK and overseas entities in the SS&C International reporting segment
Financial Reporting and Control:
- Responsibility for maintaining local GAAP adjustment ledgers for UK and Irish legal entities, including reconciliations between local GAAP and US GAAP ledgers.
- Assist with local GAAP financial reporting requirements, including preparation of P&L / balance sheets for legal entity Board Meetings
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of the individual legal entity annual financial statements
- Review of UK Group quarterly VAT information schedules prepared by more junior members of the team
- Preparation of the UK Group quarterly PE VAT calculations
- Upload the quarterly UK VAT Return figures into the digital portal
- Extraction of data and preparation of the bi-monthly VAT Return calculations for the Irish and South African companies.
- Ensure appropriate VAT records are maintained, including a full audit trial from the VAT Returns back to the general ledger
- Work with Tax Team VAT expert to resolve any technical queries
- Oversee VAT payments and ensure payment deadlines are met
- Posting of ledger journals to record all the VAT Return accounting entries, and ensure that reconciling items are cleared from the control accounts.
- Monitoring and updating Team policy & procedure documentation
- Completing financial reviews and credit checks on third party organisations as part of SS&C’s supplier due diligence process
- Provide assistance in dealing with external auditors (US Group audits / Sarbanes Oxley control audits / local statutory audits)
- Assist wider Team on acquisitions and restructure projects
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Technical Skills – Specific knowledge, skills and qualifications needed to achieve required performance standards in a role.
- Strong general accounting knowledge (particularly double entry)
- Good basic VAT Knowledge
- VAT Partial Exemption experience
- Experience of large computerised general ledger systems
- Strong Excel Skills (including experience of manipulating large volumes of data)
- Confidence to interact with senior management / auditors as required
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of team structure
- Financial services industry experience.
- Experience of working in an FSA regulated environment.
- Experience of using PeopleSoft general ledger system.
- ACCA / ACA / CIMA Qualified
- Flexible Holiday Allowance
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Private Healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
SS&C (formerly known as DST) is a global provider of investment and financial services as well as software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. Company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organisations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.