As a member of the Financial Accounting Team, provide support to the Financial Accounting Manager in all aspects of month end general ledger accounting, balance sheet reporting & control, and VAT reporting, for the UK and overseas entities in the DST International reporting segment.
Assist with the month end general ledger close process:
- Responsibility for all aspects of payroll accounting
- Calculation of cost accruals
- Review and analysis of general ledger entries
- Investigating variances
- Processing journal adjustments
- Assist with the development of efficient month end close procedures
Balance Sheet reporting and control:
- Assist with monthly balance sheet reporting, including the preparation of consolidated balance sheet reports, and analysis schedules
- Perform a review of month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Ensure all month end balance sheet account reconciliations are uploaded and signed off in the reconciliation tracking system
- Assist with any month end queries from management or the US Corporate Finance Team
- Assist with the development of strong control processes & procedures
- Oversee and review the preparation of the quarterly / bi-monthly VAT Return information for group entities in UK, Ireland and South Africa
- Compile quarterly / bi-monthly ECL listing data
- Responsibility for VAT accounting in general ledger, including VAT reverse charges journals, and control account clearance journals
- Assist with the annual audit, including dealing with audit requests during the interim and final year end audits
- Provide support for cashiering and other treasury activities
- Dealing with ad hoc queries
- Provide technical support and guidance to the more junior members of the Team
The Ideal Candidate
Essential skills and experience:
- We seek a qualified accountant (vital), ACCA or ACA preferred
- Strong accounting skills in a hands on environment
- Previous financial accounting experience within commerce.
- Previous experience of payroll accounting
- Previous balance sheet reconciliation and control experience
- Good basic knowledge of VAT
- Previous experience of working with large computerised general ledger systems
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail, on own initiative as well as part of a broader team
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a regulated financial services environment
- Experience of working for the UK subsidiary of a US Group advantageous
- Experience of using PeopleSoft general ledger system advantageous
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.
Our employees are responsible for all administration and processing services – on behalf of our clients - for their end customers (that’s why you may not have heard the actual name ‘DST’ before!)
All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful