Based in Stirling and working as part of the Property and Commercial Department, this role requires flexibility, hands on approach and highly organised individual with an interest in pursuing a career in Facilities Management. The role supports the onsite and wider DST Facilities Management Team to ensure that our Facilities/Health & Safety procedures and standards are met. This is a very busy role covering both Stirling sites, which requires excellent customer service skills along with a motivated, committed and adaptable approach
No day is ever the same in the Facilities Team however your main goal will always be to ensure the smooth operational running of the buildings and its services. You will support the onsite Facilities Manager and the wider facilities management team in the UK ensuring that the building compliance and Health & Safety procedures and standards are met.
You will be faced with a lot of different and reactive situations everyday so the ability to multi-task, problem solve and build excellent relationships with staff at all levels and contractors are essential. You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with staff at different sites both verbally and in writing so Microsoft skills are essential.
Examples of day to day duties could include:
- Work with external contractors to ensure that all aspects of building mechanical and electrical infrastructure is performed as expected, addressing any issues, planned and unplanned that arise and escalating where required - this can occasionally include weekends and/or evenings.
- Conduct regular building walk rounds and audits to identify areas of the premises that require maintenance, repair or decoration and liaise with the Facilities Manager in arranging to have these works completed. This includes negotiating and obtaining quotes
- Conduct work station assessments, risk assessments, personal evacuation plans, accidents investigations and fire & first aid coordination. Ensure that the sites are not in breach of any health and safety legislation.
- Work with onsite contractors to ensure the smooth running of daily operations.
- Purchase of office sundries, mechanical & electrical spares and any other sundries in relation to the Corporate Property business function.
- Assist reception by liaising with vendors to obtain relevant documentation in order for them to come on site and sell products.
The Ideal Candidate
A flexible approach with the ability to think on your feet is essential. We are looking for a person who can make a positive impact, who can deliver difficult messages and have the determination to go that extra mile using your own initiative whilst prioritising tasks.
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle, or the ability to move between sites at short notice.
- Experience within a Facilities Management setting including experience in the delivery of both hard and soft services.
- Enthusiastic and well organised with a ‘can do’ attitude. Self-motivated with ability to work autonomously and as part of a close team.
- Flexible and adaptable, managing multiple tasks in line with business requirements, changes and short notice requests (weekend/evening/morning work).
- Confident and able to use own initiative when required.
- Strong administration and prioritising skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Health and Safety experience/knowledge including risk assessments and DSE assessments.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and be discreet when dealing with sensitive issues.
- The desire to develop skills and experience within Facilities Management.
- British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) qualification.
- IOSH or NEBOSH Qualification.
- Experienced in carrying out Work Station Assessment (DSE Assessments).
- Legionella Awareness.
Offers of Employment
All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.
• Reference salary based on experience
• 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
• 6% non-contributory pension scheme
• Life Assurance (4 x salary)
• Single person healthcare
• Flexible benefits scheme
About the Company
DST Systems, Inc. (NYSE: DST) is a leading provider of specialized technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We assist clients in transforming complexity into strategic advantage by providing tools and services to help them stay ahead of and capitalize on ever-changing customer, business and regulatory requirements in the world’s most demanding industries. For more information, visit the DST website at www.dstsystems.com.
DST operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender identification, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.