Expert Associate Finance
To be part of the Client Finance team responsible for co-ordinating unit linked investment with the external supplier, producing monthly accounting pack for the client and maintaining Clients bank accounts. The role will involve all aspects of cash transfers, unit price related calculations and financial controls.
- To maintain client bank accounts and complete cash transfers, liaising with State Street and HSBC.
- To complete TT instructions, money market trading, stop / cancel cheque requests and daily pay-in in line with deadlines.
- Process credits received into the Client collections account with deadlines
- Investigation and clearance of unallocated payments with the collections account.
- Where appropriate, investigate and maintain cash suspense lists.
- Where appropriate, perform daily banking tasks using the daily check lists.
- Maintain good communication and relationship with the relevant teams in the admin centre regarding the status of payments received.
- Complete daily bank statement analysis.
- Prepare and upload relevant journals into the general ledger system.
- Complete monthly reconciliations for input to monthly Accounts Pack.
- To investigate any issues with financial reports and resolve these in co-ordination with other members of the team.
- Complete daily cheque banking work to daily deadlines and accuracy standards
- To complete daily unit creation and cancellation processes where appropriate. Accurately and within strict deadlines
- To complete unit dealing in relation to unit linked funds by time critical points during the working day including liaising with our Client as appropriate.
- To investigate any issues with unit creations and settlements in a timely manner.
- Dealing with our external pricing agent, on a day to day basis including resolving any issues as they arise.
- On a monthly basis perform reconciliation’s that confirm fund and unit position and agree internally and externally.
All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities:
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery.
- To effectively plan the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the customer (internal and external).
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance.
- To observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good computer system skills including Excel and Word
- Good analytical skills and determination to complete a task.
- Good understanding of all relevant legislation e.g. Data Protection Act, Money Laundering requirements
- Understanding of basic accounting
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail conscious and concern for accuracy
- Ability to work without close supervision and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the principle of unit pricing and box management.
- Understanding of authority limits where relevant
- Problem solving and decision making skills over different levels of problems
- Can deliver and receive feedback in a constructive manner
- Good organisation and time management skills to prioritise workloads.
- IOC Qualification
• Reference salary based on experience
• 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
• 6% non-contributory pension scheme
• Life Assurance (4 x salary)
• Single person healthcare
• flex benefits scheme
About the Company
International Financial Data Services (IFDS) is the leading supplier of third-party administration and IT services to European investment clients and their customers. Part of a global group DST Systems, our business has grown ten-fold since inception in 1995 and continues with rapid growth today! We currently offer state of the art solutions across funds, retirement & insurance and investment platforms. We employ over 5500 staff across the UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Thailand and India.