End User Services Desktop Support
Erskine Court, Stirling (Travel to Lomond View will be a requirement)
P1 / I
Pro-Active person with a keen and demonstrable interest in I.T is sought for this Desktop Support role to Provide desk side services and remote support to all End Point users.
- Investigate and resolve hardware and software issues raised for SS&C Endpoint devices; escalate to peer teams and/or management where necessary. This includes (but is not restricted to)-:
- PC/Thin Client hardware (Wyse)
- Tablet devices
- Mobile telephony (both carrier and InTune issues)
- Printers (Multi-function devices)
- Cisco desk phones
- Windows O/S (up to and including 10)
- Microsoft Office (up to and including 2013)
- Install PC hardware; mobile telephony; peripherals and software as requested
- Endpoint network patching and support
- Ensure that any new processes or fixes are documented; cascaded to desktop peers; and stored in the team knowledgebase.
- Receive and prioritise all incidents/tasks; and ensure they are resolved within agreed SLAs. Failing this; escalate appropriately.
- Maintain an up to date and accurate record of work within ITSM tooling (Service Now) for each assigned incident/task.
- Monitor team call queues (Incident & Request), triage and assign. Redirect any mis-assignments to the correct resolver group.
- Meeting room support
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Good technical knowledge of Microsoft desktop and virtual desktop technologies and Operating Systems up to and including Windows 10, and best practice processes for the delivery of and to, and the management of same.
- Good technical knowledge of Microsoft Office Products up to and including Office 2013.
- Good technical knowledge of a wide range of PC/Laptop hardware, including:-
- Good technical knowledge of a wide range of mobile computing devices, including:-
- Good technical knowledge of a wide range of printing solutions.
- Pro-active analysis skills to determine best business support and effective use of technical resource to deliver that.
- ITSM toolset knowledge (Service Now).
- Full Driving License. (Travel between Erskine and Lomond View will be a requirement of this role)