Distributions Team Leader
- Efficient organising of staff and activities relating to processing and checking of work produced within the Distributions Processing team and completion of ad-hoc tasks ensuring all client SLA’s are adhered to.
- Maintain Staff oversight on a day to day basis and support the line manager with any performance management issues.
- Achievement of agreed SLA processing standards for all clients
- Effective process organisation, monitoring and control
- Timely identification/resolution/escalation of issues
- Coaching & development of team
- Effective departmental, internal & external communication
- Raising initiatives for processing enhancements
- Maintaining team Procedures
- Service Delivery – Regularly monitoring quality and productivity at team level to ensure that the processing & quality checking of distributions processing work and associated functions are carried out in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Staff Coaching & Development – Overseeing the activities of the team, supporting them with regular feedback on their performance and appropriately targeted coaching and development through 121 meetings. Provide guidance on in-house training and courses. Ensure team are up to date with sufficient knowledge to carry out their role proficiently.
- Audits – Manage the collation of required documentation prior to meetings. Ensure all Audit reviews are represented by a team member who is fully trained on the Distributions process. Any follow-up action to be carried out in a timely manner.
- Procedures – Oversee and monitor the writing of new and reviewing of existing procedures within the team .
- Quality – Ensure that the processing and checking of work undertaken by the team is completed accurately with errors fed back to appropriate team members. All queries directed to the team to be answered/redirected within acceptable timeframes.
- Process Management – Monitoring and controlling the processes and procedures carried out within the team, ensuring that they operate within the confines of the regulatory regime and where necessary appropriate action is taken to resolve issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Departmental Communication – Cascade necessary information to direct reports and departmental colleagues concerning their work in order for processing of distributions and associated tasks to be carried out efficiently and within SLA.
- Communication – Liaising with other DST departments & external parties to resolve issues in a timely manner while sharing best practice wherever possible. Feedback provided to Manager on staff & procedural issues on a regular basis.
- Improvements – Suggesting improvements to team processes when identified during process reviews, ensuring any subsequent implementation is clearly communicated to necessary parties after communicating this to Manager.
- Department Support – Support the team by assisting with queries, maintaining logs to identify training needs and providing necessary feedback, including the collation of MI for escalation at board level.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- AOM – To have a good working knowledge of Workware/AOM in order to monitor staff usage for accuracy, resource planning and the production of MI for quality and reporting.
The Ideal Candidate
• IOC or equivalent, or commitment to study for IOC or equivalent.
• Keyboard skills and proficiency in the use of MS Office packages.
• Excellent verbal reasoning and numeric skills.
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to analyse and assess business processes.
• Ability to organise others to achieve the aims of the department.
• Ability to coach and develop less experienced team members.
• A minimum of 5 years business experience.
• Experience in Financial Services Investment Industry.
• Detailed knowledge of ISA, Unit Trust, OEIC or Investment Trust administration
• Detailed understanding of FCA regulatory environment
• Experience in training others
• Reasonable understanding and awareness relating to CASS regime
Offers of Employment All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.
Reference salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
• 20 Days holiday
• 6% non-contributory pension scheme
• Life Assurance (4 x salary)
• Single person healthcare
• flex benefits scheme
About the Company
About DST DST Systems, Inc. (NYSE: DST) is a leading provider of specialized technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We assist clients in transforming complexity into strategic advantage by providing tools and services to help them stay ahead of and capitalize on ever-changing customer, business and regulatory requirements in the world’s most demanding industries. For more information, visit the DST website at www.dstsystems.com.
DST operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender identification, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.