Director of Consulting - Applied Analytics
We exist to help our clients create value from data across their organization.
We leverage deep industry experience across technology, data, analytics, marketing, and sales to deliver solutions that inform strategy through action. Our proven methodologies help our clients to quickly and accurately realize results that deliver superior ROI.
Professional Services from our team include Data Science Strategy Development, Data Auditing and Insight Creation.
Our Data Science Development arm enriches existing DST solutions through the incorporation of analytical capabilities, bringing scale and accessibility to industry solutions.
- Leadership and management of the UK Pre-Sales, Consulting and Solution delivery functions, ensuring coordination and distribution of workload, management reporting and on-going development and support of team members.
- Work with the Managing Director and relevant staff to engage with prospects and clients to win new business. As a head of department you will be expected to be comfortable interacting with clients at a board level through:
- The creation and delivery of presentations
- The management and coordination of meetings
- Management of your team in a profitable fashion to deliver the annual Applied Analytics billing targets along with annual objectives
- Create value for clients and the Applied Analytics function through the management and hands on delivery of consulting across:
- Pre-Sales proposal and pitch delivery across the range of Applied Analytics products and services
- Briefing and delivery of consulting & strategy solutions
- Briefing and specification of analysis & data science solutions
- Briefing and specification of MI/BI solutions
- Maintain and grow your knowledge and understanding of emerging and current relevant Data Science technologies, approaches and DST capabilities.
- Provide leadership and guidance to wider team members and set an example for the team and company as a whole.
- Take full ownership and lead the creation of all solution deliverables, including: Pre Sales Activity, Pricing, Business Requirements Documentation, Functional Specifications and ongoing support.
- Develop effective relationships and working practices with key client and internal stakeholders.
- Have an eye for detail, maintaining optimum levels of accuracy and quality in all deliverables.
- Escalate project risks and issues in a timely fashion and where appropriate identify mitigation plans.
- Manage regular team meetings and ensure that both personal and team reporting and administration is maintained on a daily basis.
- Pro-actively make suggestions to improve the methodologies and best practice procedures for the AA Consultancy team.
- Act as the internal “technical consultancy champion” within the UK business, pro-actively engaging with the wider agency and spreading knowledge and enthusiasm of the area.
- To assist all other departments (both in the UK and EMEA) in such a way that all the teams within the business operate as a cohesive effective unit.
- Undertake to comply with the Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) and its associated policies.
- To perform any other duties which may be required from time to time
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive’ experience as a Consultant or Senior Client role in the Data Strategy, Analytics, Data Management or Data Science areas.
- Experience of the Asset Management, Wealth Management or Banking sectors
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- Excellent verbal, written and stakeholder management skills - with ability to build solid senior relationships, influence decisions at all levels and manage customer expectations
- Proficiency in requirement elicitation methods, process mapping, commercial presentations and consulting methodologies.
- Evidence the Documenting customer requirements to support the implementation of Data Science, including at least one of the following: Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, ETL programmes, online and offline CRM deployments, marketing programmes and system integrations
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Results driven and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, often to tight deadlines – with proven track record of successful project delivery
- Proactive self-starter who can hit the ground running
- Strong commercial focus
- Experience of working with Prince 2 and/or Agile methodologies
- A team player, committed to working collaboratively with their peers
- Passionate about data and the opportunities it presents