Director, Client Services Complaints
Our Complaints department touches every aspect and function throughout DST and correspondingly needs to liaise with many teams on subjects as far ranging as IT new products, registration process changes, new project proposals, breach root causes, client mailings…. the list goes on.
We are looking for an Operational Director, who will not only have an extensive background knowledge of complaints processes but whom will use their knowledge to support the wider complaints team and drive delivery.
We are a constantly evolving company, operating in an ever changing sector, so no two days are ever the same and there is always something new to learn. With this in mind we are looking for someone who embraces change and can deliver quality in an ever changing market.
This is a challenging role, balancing the requirements of our Clients with the need to contain costs and manage efficiently. Many of the contacts who oversee our work have previously handled their complaints in-house, so understandably have high expectations of our service. We put a lot of effort into our relationships with the
• Strategically lead a team of 115 Complaints staff for 38 Clients across Funds (including cross border), RIS, Pensions and Platforms
• Ensure procedures meet strict and extensive FCA Complaints handling regulations
• Analyse and address Complaint root causes with internal and external parties to reduce complaints and meet FCA requirements
• Maintain knowledge of regulatory developments impacting all areas of operation in all divisions and Ombudsman outcomes
• Operationally lead and develop three Senior Managers and thirteen Managers/Technical staff
• Drive and enhance relationships across 38 Clients
• Ownership of DST ex gratia and compensation policy for all DST Clients
• Ownership of Complaints component attributes in Risk Online
• Successfully maintain and exceed quality/productivity levels
• Motivate, manage and develop a team, the majority of whom are expert grade due to the role requirements, to ensure our Clients and their Customers receive exceptional levels of Customer service and that the Customer experience is enhanced at every opportunity.
The Ideal Candidate
• Proven track record in successfully leading a multi-channel Complaints function across Funds, RIS and Pensions
• Detailed knowledge of FCA DISP regulations
• Experience in root cause analysis and driving down complaint volumes through process and product enhancement
• Strong relationship management with internal and external stakeholders
• Resilient to change
• Continuous improvement and process review
• Developing managers to successfully manage high performing operational teams
• Strong knowledge of Financial Services and experience of operationally managing within an FCA regulated business.
• A strong working knowledge of resource management and MI tools
• IOC or FCA recognised qualification
• Knowledge of all DST departments, products and systems in order to provide guidance to team in complaint investigation
About the Company
About DST DST Systems, Inc. (NYSE: DST) is a leading provider of specialized technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We assist clients in transforming complexity into strategic advantage by providing tools and services to help them stay ahead of and capitalize on ever-changing customer, business and regulatory requirements in the world’s most demanding industries. For more information, visit the DST website at www.dstsystems.com.
Offers of Employment All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.