Development Team Lead - SQL
To provide increased Analysis, Development and Testing bandwidth within the Platform Technology Development team.
- Ability to apply MS Dev tools to enhance business processes.
- Able to carry out unit testing
- Provision of user support to Internal and External clients as required.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise
- Ability to train non-technical users on SQL solutions.
- Able to deliver projects to agreed specification and within agreed parameters.
- Able to complete requirements gathering, comprehensive analysis and provide business / technical design for SQL solutions.
- Able to perform Client Reviews as required.
- Able to work with all areas of IT to deliver integrated solutions.
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive experience in developing with T-SQL, SSIS and SSRS.
- Development experience in a .Net framework using C#, VB.NET, WCF services, Soap and XML.
- Experience in working and developing in a Data Warehouse environment.
- Extensive experience of writing and tuning complex SQL queries.
- A thorough understanding of software development and testing lifecycle.
- Experience in documenting solutions and training junior staff.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Understanding of Unit & Software Testing
- Excellent English skills
- Financial services experience
- Team Leadership experience
- Working in an Agile Development environment.
- Experience with Test Driven Development.
- Experience in Database Administration.
- Experience with TFS or SVN.
- Degree Level or equivalent
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland