Desktop Services Specialist
Desktop Services Specialist
Ireland, Joyce Way
P3 / G
The Desktop Services team are responsible for the support of best-in-class End User Services including the Desktop, Virtual and Citrix Environment, providing the highest level of service to end users, the company’s clients and third party partners.
Reporting to the Desktop Services Senior Manager, the team support a user base across all SS&C FSI offices in the UK, Ireland and India.
The Desktop Services team are responsible for demand raised though Incident, Problem, Request and Change for all desktop users including support and purchasing of all associated hardware.
The team also support Enterprise IT events including DR tests, releases and maintenance.
- Incident Management: Break fix support, ensuring incident tickets logged via service management tool
- Request Fulfilment: Provide services and information as required for request tickets logged via service management tool
- Problem Management: Problem analysis and resolution in area of expertise.
- Change Management: Raising, approving and implementation of tasks via Change Control
- Create & enhance IT procedures used by the End User Services Team.
- Create, review, update and retire documentation used by the team.
- Active participation in Enterprise IT events such as maintenance weekends, and Business Continuity exercises as defined by the business requirements.
- Take responsibility for appropriate ad hoc/project tasks as directed.
- Exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the role is responsible for are organised and controlled.
- Uphold responsibilities for risk and business continuity practices as appropriate to the position the role holds within the organisation.
- Comply with the regulatory regimes in which SS&C operates, with particular consideration given to relevant Client Asset, Data Protection and Financial Crime Prevention regulations, as appropriate to the role.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Extensive experience as an IT professional, performing break fix support across multiple sites / regions utilising remote support toolsets.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in a variety of formats to different technical levels and all audience types including executives
- Confident working in a fast-paced, customer-focused organisation, undergoing continued change and ability to make practical decisions under pressure.
- Self-Motivated and is comfortable working unsupervised.
- A consistent attitude and respect for high quality standards and maintains this despite competing pressures
- Experience working with peers at all levels including from senior management to an Exec level
- Passionate about customer satisfaction and servicing the business users
- Must be results driven and believe in teamwork, collaboration and initiative
- Exposure to financial services, banking or investment management industries
- Broad operational understanding and strong technical knowledge of multiple standards and IT Infrastructure technologies including but not limited to Desktop, Service Desk, Access Management
- Previous experience in Senior IT Support technical position
- Citrix virtual desktop and server experience - Familiarisation of Citrix Xen Server and XenApp technologies.
- Formal IT industry accreditation (Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare ).
- ITIL qualifications
- DST/SS&C knowledge and experience