Dealing Services Team Leader
The Dealing team is situated within DST House in Basildon. The office has parking and an onsite canteen.
This team is responsible for the processing of deals (e.g. buying/selling of investments) onto our client database system (FAST / Figaro/IFAST) on behalf of the Management Companies that DST services (i.e. our Clients) either by post or fax. Any deals received must be placed on the same day to ensure they get the correct valuation point (VP)
You will be responsible for leading the Dealing team and ensure that all work received for allocated Management Companies (our Investment clients) is completed within SLA’s and agreed guidelines.
You will carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Managing work queues and allocating resource - To oversee AWD work queues to ensure work is processed within SLA’s for Management companies in stream.
- Ensure all VP/Market Dealing critical deadlines are met - Liaising with team members to ensure all VP/Market Dealing critical deadlines are met in your steam and working with line manager to allocate resources to meet these across the floor. Escalating any issues if necessary.
- Non End reporting - Check and initial all Non ends in stream for the report run at VP/Market Dealing and at End of day. Check electronic Non End each day to ensure all work is cleared.
- Collate Information for compliance -Collate and delegate compliance samples and ensure they are completed by the given deadline.
- Skills Licensing Tool - Ensure the skills matrix is updated for all team members on a regular basis.
- Training Team Members - Provide manager with details of training that is required and ensure cross training is implemented.
- Workware - Validate daily figures and challenging unrealistic figures. Completing the weekly plans, Daily Buzz sessions and liaising with Team Managers regarding loading meetings.
- Operational Checklist Portal - Ensure all OCP checklists for each management company within Stream are signed off in time and if signed off late, reasons have been provided. For FAST management companies, undertake 1 spot check on a report checked by team member.
- Queries and e-mails - Ensure all queries and e-mails are answered or holding e-mail sent within 24 hours of receipt. When task is delegated overall responsibility is still kept.
- Staff Appraisals - Support your manager with 1-1’s for team members, when asked. Ensure team have quality stats provided each month.
- Management Cover - To provide cover in absence of the manager. Attending managers meetings. Liaise with management team including senior management as required.
- Procedure reviews - Ensure annual procedure reviews are completed within deadlines.
- Team Meetings – Support manager with team meetings and buzz sessions for staff development and engagement
- CASS – Ensure all team members are up to date with CASS modules. Support your line manager with any Audit or Procedure update requests in respect of CASS.
Communicate with offshore counterparts – Maintain communication with offshore counterparts and liaise daily to ensure all deadlines are being met
The Ideal Candidate
- Good keyboard skills to include awareness Word and Excel.
- Good Verbal reasoning and numeric skills.
- Experience in Financial Services Investment Industry.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Good accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative when required
- Good communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Reference salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- flex benefits scheme