Senior Technical Associate, Dealing Services
The Dealing team is situated within DST House in Basildon. The office has parking and an onsite canteen.
This team is responsible for the processing of deals (e.g. buying/selling of investments) onto our client database system (FAST / Figaro/IFAST) on behalf of the Management Companies that DST services (i.e. our Clients) either by post or fax. Any deals received must be placed on the same day to ensure they get the correct valuation point (VP)
.Your role will involve processing daily instructions on behalf of customers and/or agents and inputting the information into FAST / Figaro/IFAST. All work is received as an image via a paperless automated work system and must be processed adhering to both Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulations, and specific client deadlines/SLAs
- Managing work queues - To review AWD work queues to ensure work is processed within SLA’s for allocated Management companies and any additional work is completed within guidelines set by Team Leader.
- Responding to queries - Ensure that all queries and e-mails are responded to in a timely manner.
- Referral Point – Act as a referral point for other team members
- Clearing NIGO’s and answering referred work - Ensure that all NIGO’d work is correct and that all responses given for referred work are clear , unambiguous and answered in good time using the referral template.
- Compliance samples, projects and procedures - Ensure that any work delegated by Team Leader and/or Line Manager is completed to deadlines set.
- Escalation - Ensure that any work outside SLA or any error found or made is reported to team leader. Ensure that any serious errors are reported to line manager in line with the published escalation process.
- Training and Development - Take responsibility for own development and provide manager with details of any training required. Ensure that annual regulatory training is completed.
- IOC Exams - To work towards completing the first IOC exam, if not already obtained. Committing to study sessions and the input of additional hours to home study.
- AOM - Ensure that RTM is logged correctly.
- Completion of Operational Checklist Portal - Ensure that OCP checklists for allocated Management Companies are completed accurately and on-time, if late a reason is provided.
- Assisting other area - Ensure that Team Leader is aware if own allocated work is light so additional work can be provided. Be willing to assist in other areas / teams as required.
- Subject Matter Expert – If you are selected as an SME for a process, ensure procedures and training material is kept up to date and support line manager with any audits or walkthroughs as needed.
- CASS – Support your Team Leader with any Audit or Procedure update requests in respect of CASS.
- TL Cover - To provide cover in absence of the team leader. Attending meetings as necessary. Liaise with line management as required.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
The Ideal Candidate
- Administration and/or data processing experience gained within a corporate, deadline-driven environment
- Experience in Financial Services Investment Industry
- Good keyboard skills to include basic Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and follow strict processes
- Highly numerate with good accuracy and attention to detail
- Organised and able to work on own initiative when required
- Good communication skills including a good telephone manner
- Reference salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland