Data Centre Engineer
The Data Centre is maintained to the highest possible standards, the workload is fully documented, scheduled correctly and staff are provide with the relevant skills, training and supporting documentation & standards to maintain the Data Centre Environment. This is covering areas of the Data Centre Environment with regards to Media and Capacity Management with a view to providing a standard approach.
To ensure all Data Centre assets are correctly identified and function performed is understood.
Update and maintain all information which the OPS team is accountable for within the CMS as agreed with other teams.
Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key IT areas.
Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Premises and external organisations involved with management and change to the Data Centres.
Proactively communicate areas for improvement within Operations sphere of activity and ensure progress to implement improved process.
Ensure Operations concerns and areas of interest are properly considered for all projects where there is daily production, monitoring or asset management impact.
Ensure the effective planning of shared data centre resources, and timely communication of all planned activities affecting customer and overall service availability
Actively participate in the planning and execution of agreed DR tests, and ensure the readiness of Operations areas for execution of actual DR implementation
Ensure all Risk Management responsibilities and obligations are fulfilled and ensure the team are fully aware as well as making sure all Ops Capacity Risks are identified on the Data Centre Risk Map.
The Data Centre is ready for immediate inspection
The Ideal Candidate
- Detailed knowledge of current IT Technologies & DCIM Solutions
- Detailed knowledge of Data Centre Space, Power & Cooling Management
- Detailed knowledge and experience in Data Standards and Applying Standards for IMAC (Installs, Moves and Changes) as well as standards for Patching and Cabling.
- Excellent understanding of Data Centre Environmental Standards & Practices.
- Excellent organisational Skills
- Detailed knowledge of Fire suppressants, leak detection, security and BMS systems.
- HP Insight Manager aware of capabilities and how best to deploy usage.
- Demonstrate an understanding of backup and DR infrastructure technologies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of DCIM Methodologies and Solutions