Cyber Security Specialist
1st Line Governance, Cyber Risk Management and Compliance Monitoring of Cyber Security framework (Cyber Hygiene)
- Support the Head of Cyber Security Operations or Cyber Security Operations Manager;
- Operator within the Cyber Security Strategy and framework.
- Subject matter expert for Cyber Security.
- Maintenance of Technical Security standards and guidelines.
- Approval gate for technical security changes/implementations.
- Support and Mentor the organisation's Cyber Security analysts
- Operate the organisation's Cyber Security Platforms (those specified above) & processes.
- Maintaining the enterprises Cyber security stance through adherence to policy.
- Assist in the selection of appropriate Cyber security controls against industry security standards and Best Practice. (in collaboration with Information Risk and Architecture).
- Operation of agreed Cyber Security controls.
- Supervision of any Cyber vulnerability audits and assessments.
- Interface with peers across the enterprise.
- Share intelligence with appropriate areas and solicit their involvement in
- achieving higher levels of enterprise Cyber Security through information sharing and co-operation
- Identify Report and drive mitigations of cyber security risks.
The Ideal Candidate
A keen interest in Cyber Security
Good communication, presentation, influencing & analytical skills.
A good level of literacy skills is required. Duties will include report writing, reporting pack compilation, documenting threat assessments & incident reporting
Proven track record in a range of technical disciplines, to include at least 3 of the following, PC desktop hardware, common software & O/S, Server hardware & O/S, AS400, Voice, Unix and Network operating platforms.
Demonstrate a good knowledge of security principles and security hardening of infrastructure hardware and software.
- Reference salary
- 25 Days holiday
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Family healthcare
- flexbenefits scheme